[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception
jaikiran pai
2012-02-01 07:48:16 UTC
jaikiran pai [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/649831#649831

By invoking this before binding, the binding works
WritableServiceBasedNamingStore.+pushOwner+(...);
But I'm not sure if it's the good way to do it.
That's the right way to do it for non-EE components. See this for more details https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2667?focusedCommentId=12654355&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12654355 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-2667?focusedCommentId=12654355&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12654355

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]
madchedar0
2012-05-18 20:15:57 UTC
madchedar0 [https://community.jboss.org/people/madchedar0] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/736583#736583

Is it possible to elaborate more or give an example of how to use WritableServiceBasedNamingStore and its methods to help bind with an InitialContext object?  I've been scouring the forums and the web and I'm still unclear of how to accomplish this.

Thank you!

Sergiu Pienar
2012-05-31 07:38:55 UTC
Sergiu Pienar [https://community.jboss.org/people/sergiu_pienar] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738943#738943

Hi Jaikiran, I think both I and madchedar0 would appreciate some code snippet on using the WritableServiceBasedNamingStore.

Thank you !

Alexander Morozov
2012-05-31 08:14:01 UTC
Alexander Morozov [https://community.jboss.org/people/shuraa] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738949#738949

Check this project. The sample code with JNDI binding in JBoss AS 7 using MSC ServiceActivator here https://github.com/stuartwdouglas/as7-example-jndi-binding https://github.com/stuartwdouglas/as7-example-jndi-binding

Sergiu Pienar
2012-05-31 08:14:40 UTC
Sergiu Pienar [https://community.jboss.org/people/sergiu_pienar] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738950#738950

Thank you !

Sergiu Pienar
2012-05-31 10:29:18 UTC
Sergiu Pienar [https://community.jboss.org/people/sergiu_pienar] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/738983#738983

It's still not clear how I could use that having only an InitialContext.

Thank you

madchedar0
2012-05-31 15:27:59 UTC
madchedar0 [https://community.jboss.org/people/madchedar0] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/739070#739070

Sergiu,

Check this thread out: https://community.jboss.org/message/737097#737097#737097 https://community.jboss.org/message/737097#737097

I should have replied back to this original thread when I got my answer (above) but hopefully that helps

Sergiu Pienar
2012-05-31 17:45:17 UTC
Sergiu Pienar [https://community.jboss.org/people/sergiu_pienar] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/739120#739120

Thank you madchedar0,
But I think this approach can not be applied in my case as I'm trying to bind a HibernateSession factory using an MBean.

I appreciate it anyway.

avi saidian
2013-01-28 09:58:58 UTC
avi saidian [https://community.jboss.org/people/avis71] created the discussion

"Re: JNDI binding in extension module READONLY exception"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794567#794567

I have the same problem when trying to bind object to JNDI using a different JVM.
Did someone solved this?