[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64
Dirk Gerrit Oort
2012-06-16 08:46:26 UTC
Dirk Gerrit Oort [https://community.jboss.org/people/oortdg] created the discussion

"server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/742135#742135

On an new pc I setup an eclipse and jboss tools with jbossas 7.1.1. final. I've used the wizards to do this and everything looks ok. But when I try to start my server it fails with :
server's configuration file does not exist: C:\servers\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\configuration\servers\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\configuration\standalone.xml. and when the launcher looks at this place there is none. It must look at C:\servers\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\configuration\standalone.xml.

What is wrong here

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Dirk Gerrit Oort
2012-06-16 19:36:57 UTC
Dirk Gerrit Oort [https://community.jboss.org/people/oortdg] created the discussion

"Re: server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/742162#742162

Ok i do know now why this is happen although i think this may not be an case for error.

When you push the select button for the configuration file in the create runtime wizzard, the wizzard gives you an full address towards your configutation file ( in my case the standalone-full-ha.xml) when you start the server up it gives you the error as i mention in the earlier post.

So use in the runtime wizzard only the name of the configuration file (without path)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2012-06-18 10:34:15 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/742317#742317

Hi Dirk,

Could you please open a bug in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE with this ? sounds like a bad relative path handling that might be only present on windows.

Much appreciated, thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2012-06-19 10:33:50 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/742642#742642

I've opened https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12214 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12214

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Dirk Gerrit Oort
2012-06-20 19:05:14 UTC
Dirk Gerrit Oort [https://community.jboss.org/people/oortdg] created the discussion

"Re: server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/743179#743179

Ive add an comment on the jira that indeed on linux it works as expected

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
harshkhanna
2013-07-09 09:54:18 UTC
harshkhanna [https://community.jboss.org/people/harshkhanna] created the discussion

"Re: server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/827067#827067

This is still valid in AS 7.1

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-08-06 14:37:23 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: server don't start in eclipse tools cr1 windows 7_64"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831621#831621

hi harshkhanna - the AS server is irrelevant in this afaics.

The issue was in JBoss Tools 3.x and fixing JBoss Tools 4.0+

If you still see the issue in latest releases please open bug at https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE with steps to reproduce - thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]