[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - cant modify deployment-timeout
liumin hu
2012-09-06 16:01:45 UTC
liumin hu [https://community.jboss.org/people/liuliu] created the discussion

"cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758366#758366

hi,

i am using eclipse indigo-sr2 with latest jboss tool to deploy a project on a jboss 7.1 server. everytime i modify the deployment-timeout of standalone.xml in eclipse and start the server,
the line is reset by something with default timeout value when the server stops.

how can i modify this value somewhere?

thanks in advance.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2012-09-06 16:31:01 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758374#758374

and it does not happen if you start/stop it from command line ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2012-09-06 17:27:42 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758390#758390

Hi  Liumin!

Can you give some more details on what exactly you're doing? How ar you modifying the deployment-timeout and how are you noticing it's been changed back?

Thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
liumin hu
2012-09-07 08:04:47 UTC
liumin hu [https://community.jboss.org/people/liuliu] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758497#758497

for max :
there is no problem if i start the server with standalone.bat

for rob :
what i did is :
1 I modify the file standalone.xml,  in eclipse/in admin console/in a editor
2 I start the jboss in eclipse, the modification is taken by jboss
3 then a stop the jboss in eclipse
4 then the eclipse told me, the file is modified by system
5 i click on ok to reload the file, the timeout parameter is removed.
ps 1: i dont deploy directly in the jboss deployment directory, it is deployed in the workspace/metadata directory
ps 2: only the parameter on the line "jbosstoolsscanner1" is removed.

one more question :
i found a standalone_xml_history directory, it is created by jboss or jboss tool?

thanks

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2012-09-14 11:59:16 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759592#759592

standalone_xml_history is managed by AS7.

One of the big changes in AS7 is that it writes back to its config file when changes are done via management api.

the jbosstoolsscanner1 is controlled by jbosstools and would like to understand why you want to set the timeout parameter on it ? what value is it that you want instead?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
liumin hu
2012-09-14 12:26:41 UTC
liumin hu [https://community.jboss.org/people/liuliu] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/759596#759596

hi,

in our application, we creat a applcation cache in a init servlet, so we need more than 60 sec to start. and if i dont set this time out more than 60 seconds, all ejb lookup fail after 60 seconds.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-08-06 14:43:07 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831625#831625

as Rob asks - which attribute/element is it exactly you want us to include/make configurable ?

Please paste the exact xml that works and what you actually see us add ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
esachse
2013-08-06 18:17:24 UTC
esachse [https://community.jboss.org/people/esachse] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831662#831662

The attribute that we need to be able to configure is deployment-timeout

This XML works.  The value of 99999 for deployment-timeout is larger than required, but it is a number I put in the configuration to get it working.

        <subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:deployment-scanner:1.1">
            <deployment-scanner path="deployments" relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir" scan-interval="5000" deployment-timeout="99999"/>
        </subsystem>

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-08-12 09:29:04 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832276#832276

Thanks! *now* I grok it ;)

That would be a new feature (or bugfix dependent on your POV) for sure.

I was trying to see if there is a way to configure the default deployment timout making it something you can set outside the individual deployment-scanner, but unfortunately seems like its hardcoded to 600 in https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/build/src/main/resources/docs/schema/jboss-as-deployment-scanner_1_1.xsd#L106 https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/blob/master/build/src/main/resources/docs/schema/jboss-as-deployment-scanner_1_1.xsd#L106

@Rob says he is working on an option for this - i'll let him create/point to the jira.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-08-16 09:36:47 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832858#832858

btw. if you on the server under Deployment select Use the JBoss deploy folder instead of deploying to workspace you don't need the explicitly added scanner and you can then control the timeout by editing standalone.xml

Downside is that you'll be deploying directly into the server deployments directory, but if it is on your local non-shared install that shouldn't be a problem.

**
**

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
esachse
2013-07-23 13:46:34 UTC
esachse [https://community.jboss.org/people/esachse] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/829317#829317

I am experiencing the same issue.  Our application is very large, and it takes more than 60 seconds to deploy.  This is common with all "real world" applictions; many of them take a while to initialize all of the ejbs and other components.

If the JBoss Tools is controlling the jbosstoolsscanner1, then the tools needs to let the user set the time out parameter.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2013-07-24 05:43:49 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: cant modify deployment-timeout"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/829417#829417

Can you please clarify what in the xml you would change?

As far as I know, when modifying deployment scanners, I can add a scanner or change it's "scan-interval".  I am unaware of other settings which you may be requesting. Is the 'timeout' you're asking about the scan-interval element in the xml?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2013-08-12 10:22:15 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832283#832283