[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to access complex variable attribute in FTL(inside Human Task)
Ashutosh Kumar
2013-02-13 05:57:55 UTC
Ashutosh Kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashu.itbhu] created the discussion

"How to access complex variable attribute in FTL(inside Human Task)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797375#797375

I am trying to explore the option of passing/accessing a complex structure in my UI.

Let's say i have employee class with attribute like
Employee
     --->fName
     --->lName
     -->DOB

Before action of Human Task
map = new java.util.HashMap();
map.put("somevar", somevar);
map.put("employee", employee);

Now in my FTL if i am doing ${somevar} it works well
but if i do ${employee.fName} or
${employee.getFName()} it throws error

Any resolution on this will be welcome

Thanks
Ashutosh

Ashutosh Kumar
2013-02-14 06:30:08 UTC
Ashutosh Kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashu.itbhu] created the discussion

"Re: How to access complex variable attribute in FTL(inside Human Task)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797608#797608

Hi All,
Did anyone had tried to implement this before, please suggest even this is possible or not.
Also i want to know did any sort of operator\loop is supported in FTL???

Jiri Svitak
2013-02-14 10:12:52 UTC
Jiri Svitak [https://community.jboss.org/people/jsvitak] created the discussion

"Re: How to access complex variable attribute in FTL(inside Human Task)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797626#797626

Hello,

I think that this is not a jbpm related question, look at the freemarker documentation: http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/ http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/

Ashutosh Kumar
2013-02-18 05:26:27 UTC
Ashutosh Kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashu.itbhu] created the discussion

"Re: How to access complex variable attribute in FTL(inside Human Task)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/798108#798108

Hi Jiri Svitak,

even though i consider this, still i want to user complex object in my FTL's. Also what little i know about jBPM FTL is only UI impl available in tool, if there is other type of impl available where we can use complex object that also will be fine.... please provide your input, even sth about possibility?????

Thanks in advance.. Ashutosh

Ashutosh Kumar
2013-03-08 07:14:22 UTC
Ashutosh Kumar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashu.itbhu] created the discussion

"Re: How to access complex variable attribute in FTL(inside Human Task)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801491#801491

Hi All,

After adding the bean object into a Map and adding the map as input parameter mapping i am able to pass the complex value into the UI. But one of issue that i am facing is that related to persisting the data that got modified by user and the data element is part of a complex variable.

In FTL i have code like
<input type="text" name="employee.firstName" value="${employee.firstName}" /> now my question is how to same these value directly into the complex object directly.

Thanks