[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-06-26 16:39:49 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825063#825063

Your hibernate settings are configured to use a Datasource which only are available inside an app server.

You can tell Eclipse under your hibernate console configuration which database settings to use instead.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Ankit Pawar
2013-06-27 05:21:34 UTC
Ankit Pawar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ankit.pawar] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825152#825152

Hello Max,
Thanks for your reply.

Yeah I also configured the hibernate console configuration with the required database settings. But even though it doesnt go well.  The hibernate.cfg.xml file is also created well. But the problem is when i expand the database in the hibernate explorer, it shows pending status and after that it shows the exception above.

I will be glad if u can provide a solution.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-06-27 08:10:48 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825182#825182

I can't reproduce it.

Can you attach a project or create one on github that shows this behavior ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-06-27 08:11:09 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825184#825184

and please don't attach your full complete project, just a minimal one :)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Ankit Pawar
2013-06-28 09:09:47 UTC
Ankit Pawar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ankit.pawar] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825451#825451

Hi Max,

The problem is solved now. I have searched about that jndi exception and read somewhere that when we i dont give name to sessionFactory in the hibernate.cfg.xml
then it runs well. And if i give any name to session factory, then it does not run. The problem is solved but i m not getting why is it so, means wats the problem with the name to session factory. So i m confused.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-07-01 10:16:21 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825755#825755

Where did you read about that ?

jndi just shouldn't be used in the configuration you want hibernate tools to work with - it won't be able to use it anyway.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Ankit Pawar
2013-07-01 10:23:51 UTC
Ankit Pawar [https://community.jboss.org/people/ankit.pawar] created the discussion

"Re: Trouble using the Hibernate Tools in Eclipse"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825760#825760

I didn't use JNDI in configuration anywhere, i just read somewhere that no need to give any name to session factory in hibernate.cfg.xml and i done that and it runs well. I dont know how?  and is there any relation of it with JNDI.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]