[jboss-user] JBoss EAP 6.4 - Maven Deploy war not in Deployments directory
James Dekker
2016-11-29 21:53:49 UTC
Have JBOSS EAP 6.4 setup on my local Unix (macOS) environment...

Checked out the following helloworld project from Github:

https://github.com/jboss-developer/jboss-eap-quickstarts/tree/7.1.x-develop/helloworld-rs

Was able to build and deploy the war file into JBoss by issuing the
following command:

mvn clean wildfly:deploy -Dwildfly.port=9999

Was able to hit the REST endpoint by putting this in my browser:

http://localhost:8080/jboss-helloworld-rs/rest/json

Response was:

{"result":"Hello World!"}

However, inside $EAP_HOME/standalone/deployments (and also
$JBOSS_HOME/standalone/deployments), the directory is empty...

Question(s):

1. Why can I not see the war file (whether packed or unpacked) inside the
deployments dir?

2. Is there a way to change a setting somewhere so the war file can be seen?

3. Is there a way to change this pom.xml file so I can just use:

mvn jboss-as:deploy

4. Is JBOSS EAP 6's codename wildfly?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.