[jboss-user] [jBPM] - [JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)
Olivier Mélois
2013-06-24 15:51:17 UTC
Olivier Mélois [https://community.jboss.org/people/omelois] created the discussion

"[JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824588#824588

Hello everyone

I'd like to create a popup menu for the jBPM editor. My handler requires to have access to the BPMN2 element. (I'm editing an org.eclipse.bpmn2 model with the jbpm editor). How can I (easily) go from the edit part of a jbpm node to the BPMN2 model element representing the same thing ? (I'm really familiar with eObjects and not being able to navigate from the edit part to the eObject would be a dealbreaker for me).

Second thing : I'm gonna have to develop a read-only viewer of a BPMN2 model (using the code of the JBPM editor). Before I dive deep in the code, has anybody done this ?

Thanks for your answers :)

(PS : would it be better if I switched to 6.0 ?)

Robert (Bob) Brodt
2013-06-25 13:09:33 UTC
Robert (Bob) Brodt [https://community.jboss.org/people/bbrodt] created the discussion

"Re: [JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824769#824769

Hi Oliver,

When you say "jBPM editor" are you talking about the http://eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/ eclipse BPMN2 Modeler project? If so, I can help :)
Please post your questions on the eclipse community forum so that others can benefit as well.

Thanks,
Bob

Olivier Mélois
2013-06-25 13:16:47 UTC
Olivier Mélois [https://community.jboss.org/people/omelois] created the discussion

"Re: [JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824770#824770

Hi Bob,

I was in fact referring to the drools editor (the jBoss one), not the Eclipse BPMN2 modeler. The id of the editor is the following : "org.drools.eclipse.flow.bpmn2.editor.BPMNModelEditor". (Now that I have checked, I should probably have posted to the drools forum), but it's not an Eclipse Community project.

Anyway, no biggy, I've decided to switch to the BPMN2 modeler. My dependencies to emf are too important to work with the drools editor.

Robert (Bob) Brodt
2013-06-25 13:41:23 UTC
Robert (Bob) Brodt [https://community.jboss.org/people/bbrodt] created the discussion

"Re: [JBPM eclipse plugin 5.5] Edit part to BPMN2 model element ? (And read-only viewer)"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824779#824779

OK, let me know if you need help.
BTW, sorry for the misspelling of your name in my previous post - it's early here and I'm not fully awake yet ;)