[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?
Thomas Setiabudi
2013-08-01 04:46:06 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/830817#830817

I use JBPM5.4.Final. The designer that comes with the JBPM5.4.Final full installer does support simulation.

I wonder is it possible to use JBPM Simulation Programatically?
And also, can we do simulation based on the current process instance data?

The reason I need this is because a process definition can have multiple possible path, so presenting a process diagram to user with added info about the available path after the currently active task maybe will add more value for the user.

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi

Maciej Swiderski
2013-08-02 05:24:46 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/831072#831072

Simulation can be used programmatically as it is designed as layer on top of actual runtime engine. You can find some details about the implementation http://mswiderski.blogspot.se/2012/08/simulation-in-jbpm-draft.html here.

When it comes to simulating based on actual data it is not supported out of the box but should be quite possible to do so. The only thing is that simulation is usually executed with number of instances where what you described is more like prediction where the process will go next - meaning single instance. So you're probably more interested in path finder component of simulation to show possible paths and then select the most probable one based on the data.

HTH

Thomas Setiabudi
2013-08-13 04:38:02 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832418#832418

Hi Maciejs,

Thank you, I see the Simulation uses KIE and KJars, does that mean it works only for JBPM 6 ?

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi

Maciej Swiderski
2013-08-13 05:01:45 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Can we use JBPM Simulation Programmatically? And Can we do simulation based on current data?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832421#832421

Thomas, there is branch that is compatible with 5.4 release and can be found https://github.com/mswiderski/jbpm-simulation/tree/guvnor-integration here. The one in master (droolsjbpm-integration) repository is for 6.

HTH