[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed.
nakawoh
2013-06-30 13:32:57 UTC
nakawoh [https://community.jboss.org/people/nakawoh] created the discussion

"Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825686#825686

By default, an index.html and snoop.jsp will be created for a new OpenShift application in Eclipse.

I tried deleting both files under both *src/main/webapp* and *deployed resources* folders, but when I run the application's url in OpenShift, it still executes index.html as the page that is shown is the same page before I deleted the files.

Why is this so ?

Thanks.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-07-01 10:15:06 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825754#825754

JBoss Tools does not have any play in this matter - it is all up to OpenShift.

My guess is you haven't actually committed/pushed new content yet ?

If you haven't committed and *pushed* the content to OpenShift then it will still find your old index.html.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
nakawoh
2013-07-01 12:22:44 UTC
nakawoh [https://community.jboss.org/people/nakawoh] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825781#825781

I clicked "publish" under the Openshift Application server in Eclipse. Does this have the same effect at committing and pushing the content  ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-07-02 07:51:36 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825889#825889

yes it should.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
nakawoh
2013-07-02 14:16:29 UTC
nakawoh [https://community.jboss.org/people/nakawoh] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/825997#825997

Hmm it still doesn't work =/.

I tried deploying my own WAR file to the deployments folder in the OpenShift app in Eclipse, but it is not deployed too.

The WAR file still remains as a WAR file in the deployments folder, and JBOSS informs me that "there are no local changes in "project1" even after copying the WAR file to the deployments folder in eclipse. Shouldn't this be a local change already ?

Thanks for guidance.

In the attached image, this is what happens after publishing. I placed my "AssignHelp.war" file into the deployments folder as shown.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-07-03 06:40:25 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826078#826078

See that ? on the AssignHelp.war - this means you haven't committed the file yet.

Right click the file and do Team > Add to Index then Team > Commit (you can also use Team > Commit directly and then just select the file you want to add).

Once you have committed new files will be pushed to openshift when you publish via the server adapter.

Hope that helps.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
nakawoh
2013-07-03 14:55:00 UTC
nakawoh [https://community.jboss.org/people/nakawoh] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826209#826209

Oh thanks alot, I didn't know about the committing part.

After committing the WAR file, it has some read error and the war file isn't available in the files to commit anymore when I tried re-committing.

I will try creating a brand new openshift application and see how things goes =)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
nakawoh
2013-07-07 10:35:13 UTC
nakawoh [https://community.jboss.org/people/nakawoh] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826747#826747

I re-created a new OpenShift application and placed the WAR file in the deployments folder.

After that, I right clicked on the WAR file and click Team > Commit.

I clicked "publish" but the " no local changes " message still shows.

After publishing, I checked the OpenShift site, it is still showing the default page.

Anything I am doing wrong here ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Denis Golovin
2013-07-10 00:57:40 UTC
Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: Understanding how JBoss Tools selects the first file to be executed."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/827202#827202

when you call Team->Commit... did you see list of files to commit in the bottom part of "Commit Changes" Window? You need to select files to commit and add comment. Then press "Commit and Push" button. After pushing is finished you can reference the app in in your war file as https://$ https://${appname}-${loginname}.rhcloud.com/${warfilename} and it will open default index page from web app in your war file.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]