[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Resource Adapter config
Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 14:30:32 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789312#789312

Greetings all,

I have a developed a JCA/Resource Adapter that I am now trying to deploy. I want to configure the connections via the JBoss admin console and not in the ironjacamar.xml file. So when I package my .rar the ironjacamar.xml has only the <ironjacamar> root node and nothing else. When I try to deploy the .rar I get the following error:

Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration

I cannot find out how to specify that the adapter is outbound via annotations. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any and all relevant responses!

Earnie!

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]
Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-08 14:31:58 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789313#789313

Use the RAR info tool from IronJacamar 1.1 to get a sample deployment descriptor: http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/tools.html#tools_rarinfo http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/tools.html#tools_rarinfo

Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 14:45:43 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789318#789318

I am using Ironjacamar 1.0.11. Is the rar-info tool a 1.1 feature?

Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-08 14:47:04 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789319#789319

Standalone tool in the IronJacamar distribution.

You won't see IronJacamar 1.1 inside AS until version 8+

Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 14:53:16 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789322#789322

I have downloaded 1.0.13.Final and I do not see rar-info.sh /.bat!?!

Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-08 14:59:34 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789324#789324

1.1.0.Beta3

Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 15:11:26 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789327#789327

Downloaded 1.1.0.Beta3 and ran rar-info.bat on my .rar file and the message was:

JCA annotations aren't supported

?

Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 15:39:45 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789330#789330

Let me restate my problem.

I have create a JCA 1.6 Resource Adapter using Annotations. I want to configure the connections outside the .rar (via the JBoss management console) so my ironjacamar.xml contains only the root node (no <connection-definitions>. Using annotations I do not see where within the config I can specify that the resource adapter is outbound.

Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-08 15:42:26 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789331#789331

If there is no default activation of the resource adapter you don't need the ironjacamar.xml file.

Follow the schema for the :resource-adapters: subsystem to activate the resource adapter - there are numerous examples on this.

Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 15:50:47 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789332#789332

Removed ironjacamar.xml from META-INF, redployed and this is the exception:

10:48:14,180 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-7) MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."Trilogie-JCA.rar".INSTALL: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."Trilogie-JCA.rar".INSTALL: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase INSTALL of deployment "Trilogie-JCA.rar"
          at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:123) [jboss-as-server-7.1.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.1.2.Final-redhat-1]
          at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.GA-redhat-1]
          at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.2.GA-redhat-1]
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]
          at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09]
Caused by: org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration
          at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:172)
          at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(DeploymentUnitPhaseService.java:116) [jboss-as-server-7.1.2.Final-redhat-1.jar:7.1.2.Final-redhat-1]
          ... 5 more
Caused by: org.jboss.jca.common.api.validator.ValidateException: IJ010075: The resource adapter metadata must contain either an outbound or inbound configuration
          at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ResourceAdapter1516Impl.validate(ResourceAdapter1516Impl.java:333)
          at org.jboss.jca.common.metadata.ra.common.ConnectorAbstractmpl.validate(ConnectorAbstractmpl.java:305)
          at org.jboss.as.connector.deployers.ra.processors.ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.deploy(ParsedRaDeploymentProcessor.java:129)
          ... 6 more

Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-08 15:54:28 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789333#789333

Use latest snapshot or EAP 6.0.1. And it looks like you are missing some metadata (annotations) for outbound or inbound.

Post the structure of your .rar.

Earnest Dyke
2013-01-08 17:17:33 UTC
Earnest Dyke [https://community.jboss.org/people/earnest.dyke] created the discussion

"Re: Resource Adapter config"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789343#789343

Turns out this was a packaging problem on my side. The .jar containing the resource adapter was not being included in the .rar.

Thanks for the help Jesper!