[jboss-user] [JNDI and Naming] - javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server localhost 1099
dattathreya bonakurthi
2013-08-19 08:54:16 UTC
dattathreya bonakurthi [https://community.jboss.org/people/dattathreya] created the discussion

"javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server localhost 1099"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833021#833021

Hi team,

I m getting below error
javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server <old_hostname> 1099

At present in my system, the jboss is clonned from the another system and make up.

It is running well but whenever if there are requests coming to it they taking more time compared to earlier one.
Wolf-Dieter Fink
2013-08-19 15:12:41 UTC
Wolf-Dieter Fink [https://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server localhost 1099"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833095#833095

I'm not sure what the problem could be.
Maybe you have a problem with the network that the hostname is used from your network configuration.
Another possibility is that you have it hardcoded in the applicaiton or use a datastore which contains that outdated information.

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]
dattathreya bonakurthi
2013-08-19 15:32:56 UTC
dattathreya bonakurthi [https://community.jboss.org/people/dattathreya] created the discussion

"Re: javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server localhost 1099"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833103#833103

There is no problem from network side .

I just want to know if I do an cloning of an jbosss from one server to another will there any issues.

As I did the clonning for whole application under which we use jboss 4.2.2 version.

*Issue* : When ever someone is trying to call an webservice on jboss the response is very low.
In the previous environments , the response was in seconds.

As I stated earlier, it is showing the hostname of previous server.
I want to know if it stores the hostnames in any files internally, so that I can change and my requests can be processes in short time.

Thanks.

Wolf-Dieter Fink
2013-08-21 10:10:09 UTC
Wolf-Dieter Fink [https://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server localhost 1099"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833353#833353

If you don't change the configuration you can set the bind-address with the start command by using '+-b IP+' or even hostname.
Internaly there is no name stored, you can clone the directory to a different system, I would remove *tmp* and *work* and maybe *data* directories.

dattathreya bonakurthi
2013-08-22 08:55:32 UTC
dattathreya bonakurthi [https://community.jboss.org/people/dattathreya] created the discussion

"Re: javax naming serviceunavailableexception failed to connect to server localhost 1099"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833498#833498

Hi ,

I had tried as per ur directions but still there is no performance or result I could see.

Please help if I have missed out something which need to be updated while cloning jboss.

Thanks