[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7
raj2011
2012-10-11 18:49:05 UTC
raj2011 [https://community.jboss.org/people/raj2011] created the discussion

"Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/764439#764439

Hi

Could somebody tell me if jboss 4.2.3 GA will work with JDK 1.7?

Thanks,
Raj

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
erasmo2 marciano2
2012-10-12 10:08:39 UTC
erasmo2 marciano2 [https://community.jboss.org/people/erasmomarciano] created the discussion

"Re: Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/764538#764538

http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=614346&group_id=22866 http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=614346&group_id=22866

This is the 3rd bug fixing release of the JBoss Application Server v4.2 series. The aim of this release is to provide
fixes for bugs reported by the community against previous JBossAS v4.2.x releases. There were some backwards
compatible component upgrades so switching to AS 4.2.3.GA from a previous 4.2.0/4.2.1/4.2.2 release should not
present any problems. Please check out the Detailed Release Notes section for the full details.

*A secondary target for this release was to improve support for Java 6. JBossAS 4.2.3.GA can be build with both JDK5*
*and JDK6*. The JDK5 compiled binaries have undergone more rigorous testing, they constitute our certified version and
can run under both Java 5 & 6 VMs (with a few configuration changes for JDK6, see the configuration section below). The
JDK6 compiled binaries include support for the JDBC 4 APIs, but this should be considered experimental at this point.

I think it will not work

You can try anyway.

Perhaps it will start anyway

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
raj2011
2012-10-12 13:34:59 UTC
raj2011 [https://community.jboss.org/people/raj2011] created the discussion

"Re: Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/764603#764603

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to work but I want to know if somebody already tried it and faced problems down the road.

erasmo2 marciano2
2012-10-15 16:41:25 UTC
erasmo2 marciano2 [https://community.jboss.org/people/erasmomarciano] created the discussion

"Re: Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/764863#764863

Ok
I think that jboss can works correctly,but the your web-app could doesn't work if is develoved with another jdk

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Wolf-Dieter Fink
2012-10-28 17:46:16 UTC
Wolf-Dieter Fink [https://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/772685#772685

I would expect that a compiled JBoss and a application compiled with full Java5 compatibility will work as the JVM should be compatilbe an exec code compiled with previous versions.
Also application code compiled with Java7 but without using features of Java6/7 shuould work.
I would be conservative and use compiler with Java5 compatible flag for source check and compiled code.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Enrique San Martín
2012-10-26 19:09:20 UTC
Enrique San Martín [https://community.jboss.org/people/esanmartin] created the discussion

"Re: Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/772606#772606

I'm doing test with the jdk1.7 and it's seems all ok, so good luck ;)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Lucas Smith
2013-03-22 20:21:06 UTC
Lucas Smith [https://community.jboss.org/people/lucas_smith] created the discussion

"Re: Compatibility of jboss 4.2.3 GA with JDK 1.7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/804391#804391

I think that even JBoss 4.2.2 GA can run on JDK 7:
http://leakfromjavaheap.blogspot.com/2013/03/jboss-422-ga-to-jdk-7-or-jdk-6-migration.html http://leakfromjavaheap.blogspot.com/2013/03/jboss-422-ga-to-jdk-7-or-jdk-6-migration.html

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]