[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]
Ricardo Chiriboga
2012-02-16 20:27:20 UTC
Ricardo Chiriboga [https://community.jboss.org/people/rachirib] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/717307#717307

Aliaksei did you find a solution? i have the same problem

Aliaksei Kushunin
2012-02-16 20:38:09 UTC
Aliaksei Kushunin [https://community.jboss.org/people/a.kushunin] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/717311#717311

Yep! After fighting with JBPM 5 for 2 month I realized, that it is not disigned for working in J2EE environment. Starting from using server datasorces and it's transaction manager and finishing with starning Mina server as separated thread from EJB. So we moved to Alfesco Activiti 5.3 and it worked like magic. As you can find in docs it's specially disigned to work in J2EE invironment.

Nau Tilus
2013-04-05 22:21:42 UTC
Nau Tilus [https://community.jboss.org/people/nautilus_ip] created the discussion

"Re: jbpm5 Exception:Row was updated or deleted by another transaction (or unsaved-value mapping was incorrect): [org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo#2]"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/806804#806804

Same as Aliaksei we "played" around with this issue and at the ended up in a complete project restart because jbpm5 was just too cumbersome to use and the issue discussed here took me days. Thanks to this posting we tried out activiti and after 3 weeks only our web application with activiti engine for bpm is running.
Sorry if anyone feels offended, but keeping things simple should be a must for such broadly used components. Today I cannot understand why I tried to edit all these xmls and tried to avoid the conflicts with different hibernate versions etc.
Hope it helps anyone to decide between jbpm 5 and activiti and maybe even people from jbpm may consider a next version, which really would be capable to run with a java ee web application. The current one only worked as a standalone java program