[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - need help with configuration for setting up oracle connection pool
Morten Steffensen
2013-04-11 19:45:21 UTC
Morten Steffensen [https://community.jboss.org/people/msteff] created the discussion

"need help with configuration for setting up oracle connection pool"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/807851#807851

Hello,

I have unsuccessfully tried to figure out how to configure oracle connection pool on a jboss 7 AS so that I can use datasources/jndi

I need this for using xmltypes/clob..

If I use spring configuration it looks like this (working):

<bean id="herkDataSource" class="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource" destroy-method="close">
        <property name="URL" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1572:myservicename"/>
        <property name="user" value="myuser"/>
        <property name="password" value="mypassword"/>
        <property name="connectionCacheProperties">
            <props merge="default">
                <prop key="MinLimit">3</prop>
                <prop key="MaxLimit">20</prop>
            </props>
        </property>
</bean>

Any tips ?

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]
Wolf-Dieter Fink
2013-04-12 06:09:49 UTC
Wolf-Dieter Fink [https://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: need help with configuration for setting up oracle connection pool"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/807932#807932

Hello Morten,

To define connection pools you need to add the driver and the datasource definition to the standalone.xml or domain.xml (depend on the mode you use).

See the description https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-16657#Installing_a_JDBC_driver_as_a_module here.
Feel free to ask if you have still questions.