[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Registering and executing Custom Work Items in Guvnor
elbocia
2013-02-21 15:01:37 UTC
elbocia [https://community.jboss.org/people/elbocia] created the discussion

"Registering and executing Custom Work Items in Guvnor"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/798856#798856

I want execute a process that includes custom work item based tasks.
I have registered my work items but I don't know:
1) how and where can I load the custom java class via guvnor web interface?
2) after this, can I execute this process from JBpm Console?

Is there a tutorial about this subject?
I have read the documentation http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.domain-specific-processes.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.domain-specific-processes.html and saw this video tutorial but I don't find answer to our questions
http://vimeo.com/30857949 http://vimeo.com/30857949
http://vimeo.com/26126678 http://vimeo.com/26126678

I use JBPM 5.4 on JBoss 7.1.1

Thank you in advance
elbocia

shizanu
2013-02-22 07:53:44 UTC
shizanu [https://community.jboss.org/people/shizanu] created the discussion

"Re: Registering and executing Custom Work Items in Guvnor"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799020#799020

I am not sure wether its exactly the same on your version as I am using 5.3 with EAP6.0 server, but I have to export my class implementing workItemHandler interface into a .jar and then copy it to the server library.
Then I have to tell the server to load the workItemHandlers on startup. Chapter 14.2.2 explains how to do this. Note that you have to restart your server to load changed work item handlers.

Within Guvnor you only create a custom work item definition and put your new custom service tasks into your process. You do not need to upload your workItemHandler within guvnor. Chapter 14.2.1 explains how to create a custom work item definition.

elbocia
2013-02-22 08:04:38 UTC
elbocia [https://community.jboss.org/people/elbocia] created the discussion

"Re: Registering and executing Custom Work Items in Guvnor"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799021#799021

Thank you for answer, now I test your suggest