[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Re: How use AsynchronousServerSocketChannel with JCA 1.6 ?
Jesper Pedersen
2013-06-04 11:12:28 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: How use AsynchronousServerSocketChannel with JCA 1.6 ?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821225#821225

The executor services passed in to withCachedThreadPool should be wrapper for submitting Work instances to the WorkManager.

You could run your server socket in a Work instance too - I probably would...

See http://www.ironjacamar.org/doc/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/ch01.html#overview http://www.ironjacamar.org/doc/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/ch01.html#overview for your outbound/inbound architecture.

Otherwise let us know more details about your setup - but read the above first.

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]
GOSSET Cédric
2013-06-06 08:05:04 UTC
GOSSET Cédric [https://community.jboss.org/people/rockerced] created the discussion

"Re: How use AsynchronousServerSocketChannel with JCA 1.6 ?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821649#821649

Thanks for your response,

I launch the server in a Work instance but i don't know how wrap Thread of the ThreadPool with the wor instance.

The ThreadPool manage lifecycle of Threads. How to wrap all the states of the life cycle of the thread with the WorkManager.

Do you have an example of an NIO.2 implementation ?

Best regards

Jesper Pedersen
2013-06-06 18:00:16 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: How use AsynchronousServerSocketChannel with JCA 1.6 ?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821789#821789

No, do a wrapper class that implements the ExecutorService interface, and take a WorkManager instance in its constructor.

Then the methods uses the WorkManager to execute whatever is passed in.

I would start the ServerSocket in the ResourceAdapter::start() method...

I don't have any NIO.2 examples.

HTH