[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Add new pages to the existing portal via config not the ui
Wells guo
2013-06-17 06:52:46 UTC
Wells guo [https://community.jboss.org/people/wguo] created the discussion

"Add new pages to the existing portal via config not the ui"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/823382#823382

Hi ,

    When I setup a portal one year ago , now we have requirement that we should add several new pages to the portal , i know we can add the page via portal ui to manage the pages , but can we modified it via the config (navigation.xml , pages.xml and portal.xml) ? What i mean is to merge the new pages to the existing portal via the config not the ui .

Thanks !

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]
Wells guo
2013-06-17 07:33:13 UTC
Wells guo [https://community.jboss.org/people/wguo] created the discussion

"Re: Add new pages to the existing portal via config not the ui"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/823385#823385

Another question , if we can export the config(navigation.xml , pages.xml and portal.xml) from the existing portal .

Matt Wringe
2013-06-17 13:16:45 UTC
Matt Wringe [https://community.jboss.org/people/mwringe] created the discussion

"Re: Add new pages to the existing portal via config not the ui"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/823465#823465

Please ask GateIn questions in the GateIn user forums: https://community.jboss.org/community/gatein?view=discussions https://community.jboss.org/en/gatein?view=discussions
This is an old forum for JBoss Portal which later became GateIn when it was merged with eXo Portal.

To answer your questions

1) yes, you can merge in new pages via the configuration files. Please look at the portal extensions documentation: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Portal+Extension https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Portal+Extension
These links may also help: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Portal+Navigation+Configuration https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Portal+Navigation+Configuration and https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Data+Import+Strategy https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Data+Import+Strategy

2) yes, there is an option to export and import portal configurations. Please see  https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/GateIn+Management https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/GateIn+Management and there is also an import/export gadget which will do this as well.

Wells guo
2013-06-18 03:01:38 UTC
Wells guo [https://community.jboss.org/people/wguo] created the discussion

"Re: Add new pages to the existing portal via config not the ui"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/823562#823562

Hi Matt , thanks for your reminder and answer , now i also have some confused thing:

1. There is one sentense : " Those files will be used to create an initial navigation when the portal is launched in the first time. That information will then be stored in the JCR content repository, and can then be modified and managed from the portal UI. "  in this guide
https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Portal+Navigation+Configuration https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/GTNPORTAL35/Portal+Navigation+Configuration

I use the <org.exoplatform.portal.version>3.0.0-GA</org.exoplatform.portal.version> so there is no importMode field in the class org.exoplatform.portal.config.NewPortalConfig .

I have tested , when i remove all of the tables of jcr and idm , the new page which i added to the configure files will work well , but then when i contine to add new page to the configure file and import it without removing the jcr tables , it doesn't work .

So i want to confirm with you about the verion 3.0.0-GA , does it only work when the portal is lanuched in the first time .