[jboss-user] [jBPM] - input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer
Babu V
2013-01-15 21:11:57 UTC
Babu V [https://community.jboss.org/people/ncboy] created the discussion

"input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792121#792121

Hi All,

I see some differences in both jBPM web designer and eclipse design iterms of the capabilities.

Some of the Task Nodes in web designer showing DataInputSet and DataOutputSet and lot of other options, but not in eclipse designer. I created a process with Script task with input and output variables defined using web desginer and when I import the same proces in Eclipse designer, it is not showing the input and output variable for the Script Task.

does jBPM support DataInputSet and DataOutputSet for Script Task? if not, is there a difference in capabilities b/w Web Designer and Eclipse Designer? which one is update to date?

Thanks in advance
-Babu

Jiri Svitak
2013-01-16 09:49:48 UTC
Jiri Svitak [https://community.jboss.org/people/jsvitak] created the discussion

"Re: input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792267#792267

"does jBPM support DataInputSet and DataOutputSet for Script Task?"
- Yes, it does.

"is there a difference in capabilities b/w Web Designer and Eclipse Designer?"
- Unfortunately yes. Web Designer is currently more capable.

Babu V
2013-01-23 19:39:03 UTC
Babu V [https://community.jboss.org/people/ncboy] created the discussion

"Re: input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/793866#793866

Thanks Jiri.

Though web designer is more capable, am not sure if the JBPM 5.3 is supporting all the BPMN nodes. In web designer, it is allowing multiple incoming connections to User Tasks, Script etc. However when I deploy a process which has Script Task with multiple incoming connections and one outgoing connection then I am getting the following error. The same process can't even be opened in eclipse.
*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: ProcessLoadError: unable to parse xml : Exception class java.lang.IllegalArgumentException : This type of node cannot have more than one incoming connection!*

I have set the system property *-Djbpm.enable.multi.con=true* as it was mentioned in one of the posts, but am still getting the same error.

Any pointers to resolve this issue would be greatly appreicated.

Thanks
-Babu

Jiri Svitak
2013-01-24 11:14:09 UTC
Jiri Svitak [https://community.jboss.org/people/jsvitak] created the discussion

"Re: input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794002#794002

Hi Babu,

Have you tried to use converging gateway to solve this? This item is able to accept multiple incoming connections and has one outgoing connection, which can be connected to the script task. I am not aware of a feature for multiple incoming connections for regular tasks. Tihomir Surdilovic is the right person to ask.

Jiri

Babu V
2013-01-24 18:12:48 UTC
Babu V [https://community.jboss.org/people/ncboy] created the discussion

"Re: input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794139#794139

Hi Jiri,

Here is the sample process that I created using Web Designer whihc allows multiple incoming connection to Script tasks, but when I deploy it, it doesn't work and this process can't even be opened in Eclipse designer. I have tried with converging gateway and it is loading the process into knowledge base.

Thanks
-Babu

Tihomir Surdilovic
2013-01-25 15:51:36 UTC
Tihomir Surdilovic [https://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794332#794332

Can you please open a jBPM Jira for this? The latest community runtime should have support for it but it seems that other tooling has not been updated for it yet. Attach your sample process bpmn2 onto the Jira.

Babu V
2013-01-28 20:29:41 UTC
Babu V [https://community.jboss.org/people/ncboy] created the discussion

"Re: input and output variable for Script Task in Web Designer vs Eclipse Designer"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794724#794724

Hi Tohomir,

I am using jBPM5.3 final runtime and web designer. I think latest jBPM is 5.4.
do you think jBPM 5.3 runtime should have support for allowing multiple incoming connections to a Script Taks or Human Task? if so I can open a Jira.

Pelase let me know.

Thanks
-Babu

Babu V