[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM5 Web application
roxy1987
2012-12-27 14:41:24 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"jBPM5 Web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/785085#785085

I have to create a web application using jBPM5. Just for normal BPM features like completing tasks, delegating tasks etc. Now, I remember using jbpm 4 and i never needed to set up jbpm. All I ever did was get the jar files and use the APIs and connect to db using ONE hibernate cfg file.
Can I do a similar thing for version 5 too?
I have been going through bpmn2user's blog. But is there another simpler way? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks a million :)

Regards.

doboss
2013-01-02 14:23:50 UTC
doboss [https://community.jboss.org/people/doboss] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 Web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787050#787050

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for but I have a simple web app  which runs a JBPM process attached here: https://community.jboss.org/thread/217311?tstart=0 https://community.jboss.org/thread/217311?tstart=0

It depends on having jboss and jbpm installed via the jbpm-installer and having the process deployed to Guvnor.

HTH

roxy1987
2013-01-02 15:05:40 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 Web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787065#787065

Thanks for the reply doboss. I have been able to create a web application. I can start processes, list tasks and details, complete and reassign tasks. What I am looking for now is to list processes.
To get task related details I use a TaskClient and make connection as follows :

TaskClient client =
**new** TaskClient((TaskClientConnector) **new** HornetQTaskClientConnector(name, **new**
HornetQTaskClientHandler(SystemEventListenerFactory.+getSystemEventListener+())));

**boolean** result = client.connect("127.0.0.1" , 5153);
logger.info("Connection Output : "+result);BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler responseHandler =
**new** BlockingTaskOperationResponseHandler();

doboss
2013-01-02 15:08:47 UTC
doboss [https://community.jboss.org/people/doboss] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 Web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787069#787069

Well it sounds like you are a lot farther along than I am. I still have not figured out how to get persistence of the JBPM stuff in my web app. :D At some point down the road I will likely need to figure out tasking as well, but haven't started to look at that yet.

Keep up the good work!

roxy1987
2013-01-02 15:12:26 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM5 Web application"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787073#787073

:D
Once I am through with the process part, I will post my web application in blog. You can check it out then.