[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Beta1 cannot off-line install with Kepler RC2
Jesper Skov
2013-06-06 06:59:32 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Beta1 cannot off-line install with Kepler RC2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821635#821635

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: JBoss WebServices Tools 1.5.0.Beta1-v20130518-0239-B45 (org.jboss.tools.ws.feature.feature.group 1.5.0.Beta1-v20130518-0239-B45)
Missing requirement: JBoss Tools Common Core 3.5.0.Beta1-v20130525-0108-B68 (org.jboss.tools.common.core 3.5.0.Beta1-v20130525-0108-B68) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient 4.0.200' but it could not be found

It appears that org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient has been renamed/deprecated in favor of org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient4. Or that is how it looks to me, anyway.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-06-06 07:07:41 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Beta1 cannot off-line install with Kepler RC2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821638#821638

Hm, I just looked in M7, and it also (only) has org.eclipse.ecf.provider.filetransfer.httpclient4.

So I guess it is expected to be sourced from some online repo? Or alternatively, I don't grok the error message properly...

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-06-06 08:27:49 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Beta1 cannot off-line install with Kepler RC2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821652#821652

I installed beta1 using Eclipse's Install New Software mechanism, and it sourced the httpclient plugin from whereever.

I made a copy of the httpclient plugin and install it before jbosstools, and it now works.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Nick Boldt
2013-06-06 13:17:52 UTC
Nick Boldt [https://community.jboss.org/people/nickboldt] created the discussion

"Re: Beta1 cannot off-line install with Kepler RC2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821726#821726

As you discovered, there are some things required by JBoss Tools which must be sourced from the internet - they're not included in the update site. We don't re-distribute org.eclipse.* stuff, but we DO mirror it as part of our target platform provisioning.

Thus, the TP used by JBoss Tools 4.1.0.Beta1 (and JBoss Developer Studio 7.0.0.Beta1, too) contains both httpclient and httpclient4, as that's what's in the matching Kepler site from which we mirrored.

--

If you want a completely offline way to get JBoss Tools, try JBoss Developer Studio, which ships as an installer jar. That jar (which can also be used as an update site), allows two ways to install JBT without needing an internet connection.

The latest JBDS 7 is here:

https://devstudio.jboss.com/earlyaccess/7.0/ https://devstudio.jboss.com/earlyaccess/7.0/

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-06-07 05:11:38 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Beta1 cannot off-line install with Kepler RC2"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821853#821853

Thanks, we'll just stick to our current solution.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]