[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - Changing database from HSQL
Derek Croxton
2013-06-04 21:05:31 UTC
Derek Croxton [https://community.jboss.org/people/mataratones] created the discussion

"Changing database from HSQL"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821391#821391

Is there an updated guide for changing the internal database in JBoss-AS 5?  The latest I can find is https://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/4/html/apbs01.html https://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/docs/Server_Configuration_Guide/4/html/apbs01.html.  The administration guide for "5 beta" seems to be a simple copy of the v.4 instructions on changing databases, because many of the filenames and paths listed don't exist in 5.  I got the basic "change the data source and leave the JNDI name as DefaultDB," but I would like a comprehensive list of config files if possible.

Derek

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]
Wolf-Dieter Fink
2013-06-05 06:31:41 UTC
Wolf-Dieter Fink [https://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: Changing database from HSQL"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821443#821443

JMS messaging and ejb-timerservice use the DefaultDS.
If you grep for the JNDI name in deploy and messaging directory you will find the configuration.

You might remove JMS and use null-persistence (memory) for the timers or change the DS name.