[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process
vijay saini
2013-02-14 11:23:24 UTC
vijay saini [https://community.jboss.org/people/vijaykr] created the discussion

"How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797641#797641

I try to develop  jbpm process from which i start some other jbpm process and also get acknowledgment from other process about its completion.also Calling task should wait until second process complete and acknowledge first one.
How do i do this ?

I am using JBPM 5.4.

Shiju John
2013-02-14 13:24:43 UTC
Shiju John [https://community.jboss.org/people/shijuj] created the discussion

"Re: How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797677#797677

Hi
Make the  2nd process as a subprocess and call the same from the main process(call ativity).

vijay saini
2013-02-14 16:46:03 UTC
vijay saini [https://community.jboss.org/people/vijaykr] created the discussion

"Re: How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797737#797737

Hi shiju,
As per our requirement two  processes are not on same mechine .Both should be separate from each other and should communicate using some Restfull api.So my qustion is how to communicate b/w two processes using Restful interface.If you can provide some example code.It would be great help.

Mauricio Salatino
2013-02-14 16:50:07 UTC
Mauricio Salatino [https://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the discussion

"Re: How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797739#797739

If those processes are not int he same machine you will need to create a WorkItemHandler implementation that uses a transport (REST, JMS, SOAP, or whatever you want) to contact the other machine and continue the process. You can create that service as any other service that you may have in your infrastructure.

Cheers

vijay saini
2013-02-15 05:11:15 UTC
vijay saini [https://community.jboss.org/people/vijaykr] created the discussion

"Re: How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797813#797813

Hi Mauricio,

You mean I have to create custommized service task in Processes 1 In its WorkItemHandler class I have to call RESTFul link of Processes 2 (on other Machine).As jbpm already exposes Some gwt_console restful links for Processes can i use that link to start Processes 2 from WorkItemHandler class or I have to create my own Restful links Because I also want output result of Processes2 into Processes 1.If I use RESTFul link in WorkItemHandler to call 2nd Processes ,Is Processes 1 will wait untill Process 2 complete ?

vijay saini
2013-02-18 09:45:12 UTC
vijay saini [https://community.jboss.org/people/vijaykr] created the discussion

"Re: How to do intracommunication b/w two jbpm process"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/798130#798130

hi Mauricio,

Could you please provide some sample WorkItemHandler that uses Restful link to start Process on remote machine.Because i try it but don't get succes.
I created WorkItemHandler  and call Restful link " http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/SPMProcess/new_instance http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs/process/definition/SPMProcess/new_instance" to instancate
remote process.