[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JTA & JPA2 fully supported by jBPM 5.4?
Guillermo L
2013-05-26 23:32:04 UTC
Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"JTA & JPA2 fully supported by jBPM 5.4?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/819553#819553

AreJTA and JPA 2 fully supported by  jBPM 5.4? I've l read some confusing articles on the web (some of them probably outdated) and I'd like to get clear and good information about this subject. As per official documentation it appers that JPA2 and JTA are fully supported but once again I'd like to confirm.

Thanks for your help!

Maciej Swiderski
2013-05-28 09:57:45 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: JTA & JPA2 fully supported by jBPM 5.4?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/819820#819820

It depends what you mean by supported - jbpm engine and task service rely on JPA2 for persistence and JTA for transaction handling but they are only required when using persistence, you can still use the runtime engine without those for lightweight in memory processes.

HTH

Guillermo L
2013-05-28 16:14:26 UTC
Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"Re: JTA & JPA2 fully supported by jBPM 5.4?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/819931#819931

Ok, that's all I needed to know.

Is there anything special/particular to take into account in order make propper use of the persistence services within JEE 6 environment?

Thanks for your  help!