[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - Beginner - Differences between GateIn & jboss enterprise portal platform
sirseto
2013-02-21 11:05:01 UTC
sirseto [https://community.jboss.org/people/sirseto] created the discussion

"Beginner - Differences between GateIn & jboss enterprise portal platform"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/798785#798785

Hi everybody,

I'm currently making a comparison between differents portals (from liferay to microsoft...), to develop a prototype for an insurance company. I was interesting by eXo, but I just need the portal part. So, I went to GateIn. But, apparently, there is no support for enterprises need (is it exact ?).

So, I went to JBoss Entreprise Portal Platform. It's exactly the same portal as GateIn, but with the RedHat's support ?
Other little question, where I can find all the technical specifications (like the Deployment Compatibility, web services supported, standards used, ...) ? I need a lot of informations, but I'm a little bit lost into the large quantity of docs

Thank you in advance !

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]
sirseto
2013-03-05 21:10:22 UTC
sirseto [https://community.jboss.org/people/sirseto] created the discussion

"Re: Beginner - Differences between GateIn & jboss enterprise portal platform"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800893#800893

Seriously, no one can help me ? :(

Thomas Heute
2013-03-06 07:22:02 UTC
Thomas Heute [https://community.jboss.org/people/theute] created the discussion

"Re: Beginner - Differences between GateIn & jboss enterprise portal platform"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800963#800963

You asked in the wrong forum (JBoss Portal is the old portal project, the new one is GateIn), I just saw this second message by chance :)

JBoss Portal Platform is fully supported by Red Hat and is based on GateIn. It goes through more intense QA coverage (by a dedicated team) and some immature features may be removed.

JPP 6.0 based on GateIn 3.5 is due very very soon now ;) You can already download the Beta on http://access.redhat.com http://access.redhat.com

JPP 6.0 will be based on EAP 6.0 and embeds all of Java EE 6 standards, on top of that you have support for Portlets 2 (JSR-286), Opensocial gadgets, and WSRP 2.0 (to name some standards).

sirseto
2013-03-07 12:17:27 UTC
sirseto [https://community.jboss.org/people/sirseto] created the discussion

"Re: Beginner - Differences between GateIn & jboss enterprise portal platform"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801292#801292

Thank you very much, that was exactly what I wanted to know !