[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Publishing JSF web resources from a library JAR
Harald Wellmann
2013-02-12 21:48:23 UTC
Harald Wellmann [https://community.jboss.org/people/hwellmann.de] created the discussion

"Publishing JSF web resources from a library JAR"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797339#797339

There's a multi-module Maven project with a WAR module foo-web referencing a JAR foo-lib with JSF views and composite components in META-INF/resources. The project is started via Run on Server.

When editing an XHTML view resource in foo-web/src/main/webapp and reloading the browser page, the change is immediately visible.

When editing an XHTML view resource in foo-lib/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources and reloading the browser page, nothing happens.

Is there a way to make this change visible without redeploying the entire application?

I'm using Eclipse Juno SR1, JBoss Tools 4.0.0 and JBoss AS 7.1.3.

Best regards,
Harald

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Denis Golovin
2013-02-12 23:46:17 UTC
Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: Publishing JSF web resources from a library JAR"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797343#797343

You have to use "Restart Module" toolbar button after server state in Servers view changed to 'Published'. Just select foo-web in Servers view an push button on toolbar (see image below)
and then refresh page.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Harald Wellmann
2013-02-13 08:49:36 UTC
Harald Wellmann [https://community.jboss.org/people/hwellmann.de] created the discussion

"Re: Publishing JSF web resources from a library JAR"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797397#797397

Denis, thanks for your reply, but I don't see that button in my toolbar. Maybe that's because I only installed JBossAS Tools, not the whole lot. If so, which is the minimal set of features I need to install to make this work?

Harald Wellmann
2013-02-13 11:10:17 UTC
Harald Wellmann [https://community.jboss.org/people/hwellmann.de] created the discussion

"Re: Publishing JSF web resources from a library JAR"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797426#797426

Ok, I've found the Restart Module button - I'd been looking in the Servers view toolbar, not in the main window toolbar.

But this button only lets me restart the foo-web application, not the foo-lib module (embedded in WEB-INF/lib). And this "module restart" redeploys the entire application, which is just what I'd like to avoid. Any alternatives?