[jboss-user] [jBPM] - The install instructions are not correct in the zip download
Troy Longo
2013-06-20 16:00:30 UTC
Troy Longo [https://community.jboss.org/people/tclongo] created the discussion

"The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824143#824143

The installation instructions in the file install.html that comes packaged in the zip download are not correct. The section which gives instructions for "manually installing the different components" it says the following:

In the install dir, run installation script:
+ant install.guvnor.into.jboss+
+ant  install.designer.into.jboss+
+ant  install.jBPM-gwt-console.into.jboss+
*+ant  install.jBPM-eclipse.into.eclipse+*
+ant  install.drools-eclipse.into.eclipse+

The second to last step "*+ant  install.jBPM-eclipse.into.eclipse"+* fails because the target does not exist in the build.xml file. Is there a more up to date build.xml file or more up to date instructions?

Thanks

Shobhit Tyagi
2013-06-20 17:43:02 UTC
Shobhit Tyagi [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824163#824163

I dont think there is. but you can install everything using install.demo.

Troy Longo
2013-06-20 17:50:58 UTC
Troy Longo [https://community.jboss.org/people/tclongo] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824165#824165

Thanks for your response. The problem is that I already have jboss and eclipse installed. The install.demo target would reinstall jboss and eclipse on my machine. Hence the reason for me trying to "manually install the individual components". However it seems that the ant target I mentioned above has been replaced by this one "install.jBPM.runtime". I executed this target instead and so far it looks like everything is working properly. My only concern was that I received the following error during startup of the human task. I am not sure if it is a result of the afore mentioned missing target.

start.human.task:
    [javac] C:\Users\tclongo\Tools\jbpm-5.4.0.Final\jbpm-installer\build.xml:867: warning: 'includeantruntime' was not set, defaulting to build.sysclasspath=last; set
repeatable builds
     [java] 0    20/06 13:22:45,785[main] ERROR task.identity.DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.<init>  - Error when loading group information for callback from location:
s.properties
     [java] java.io.FileNotFoundException: null\roles.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:138)
     [java]     at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.java:97)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.connect(FileURLConnection.java:90)
     [java]     at sun.net.www.protocol.file.FileURLConnection.getInputStream(FileURLConnection.java:188)
     [java]     at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1035)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.task.identity.DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.<init>(DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.java:55)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.task.identity.DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.<init>(DefaultUserGroupCallbackImpl.java:40)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
     [java]     at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
     [java]     at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:372)
     [java]     at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:325)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.task.identity.UserGroupCallbackManager.setCallbackFromProperties(UserGroupCallbackManager.java:69)
     [java]     at org.jbpm.DemoTaskService.main(Unknown Source)
     [java] Task service registered usergroup callback ...
     [java] Task service started correctly!
     [java] Task service running ...

Shobhit Tyagi
2013-06-20 19:15:14 UTC
Shobhit Tyagi [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824175#824175

Oh okk.. yeah you need to modify the build.xml and put the following line.

   <java classname="org.jbpm.DemoTaskService" fork="true">
*        <sysproperty key="jbpm.user.group.mapping" value="file:///<path of the file>/standalone/configuration/roles.properties"/> *

      <classpath>
            <pathelement path="${install.home}/task-service/target"/>
            <path refid="classpath.human.task" />
      </classpath>
    </java>

Troy Longo
2013-06-21 23:08:40 UTC
Troy Longo [https://community.jboss.org/people/tclongo] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824407#824407

When I add that the execution of start.human.task fails with the following message

*Reference classpath.human.task not found.*

Shobhit Tyagi
2013-06-22 00:02:09 UTC
Shobhit Tyagi [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824408#824408

No dont add that. Human task service starts by itself on deployment of the war file.. You dont need to run it explicitly.

Aayush Agarwal
2013-06-25 12:26:26 UTC
Aayush Agarwal [https://community.jboss.org/people/rekhyt73] created the discussion

"Re: The install instructions are not correct in the zip download"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/824747#824747

Just replace "download.eclipse..." url with "archive.eclipse...."
Hope this answers your question.