[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 5.4 Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out when running evaluation project
Pedro Zuppelli
2013-04-20 21:58:43 UTC
Pedro Zuppelli [https://community.jboss.org/people/uniocos] created the discussion

"jBPM 5.4 Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out when running evaluation project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/809406#809406

         Hi! I'm running the wvaluation project that comes with the jBPM 5.4.0 Final installer. I've ran ant install.demo, and ant start.demo. But whenever I try to ran the ProcessTest I'm getting the following exception
[code]
1    20/04 18:46:11,029[main] ERROR workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem  - Sat Apr 20 18:46:11 ART 2013: Error when creating task on task server for work item id 1. Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out
java.lang.RuntimeException: Task operation request timed out
          at org.jbpm.task.service.SyncTaskServiceWrapper.addTask(SyncTaskServiceWrapper.java:118)
          at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem(GenericHTWorkItemHandler.java:182)
          at org.drools.process.instance.impl.DefaultWorkItemManager.internalExecuteWorkItem(DefaultWorkItemManager.java:70)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.WorkItemNodeInstance.internalTrigger(WorkItemNodeInstance.java:107)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:126)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerNodeInstance(NodeInstanceImpl.java:279)
          at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerCompleted(NodeInstanceImpl.java:238)
[/code]

I've shut down the jboss server and started it manually with the same result, no exception on war deployment, yet I cannot start the evaluation process. I can connect with the console properly in the following url http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/ http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console/ yet I cannot add tasks.
Any idea why is this happening? I'm running the test with the eclipse instance that gets installed and called with the ant goal.
Thanks!
Pedro Zuppelli

Nicolas Louis
2013-04-24 15:42:58 UTC
Nicolas Louis [https://community.jboss.org/people/nicols] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 5.4 Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out when running evaluation project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810063#810063

Hi Pedro,

Try to do what it's explain in this tutorial : http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.installer.html#d0e481 http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.installer.html#d0e481

You can also look at this video to understand how it's work in eclipse : http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/jbpm-installer-eclipse-5.2.swf http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/jbpm-installer-eclipse-5.2.swf

BR,

Nicolas Louis.

Shobhit Tyagi
2013-04-24 15:59:27 UTC
Shobhit Tyagi [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: jBPM 5.4 Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out when running evaluation project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810068#810068

It happens everytime? or the process instance runs at least the first time?

I faced a similar exception some time back. But I was able to run the process one time and from 2nd try onwards it would give me the time out exception. So my work around for that was to disconnect the task handler after start process API and connect it again whenever needed.
May be you could try the same thing.

If it doesnt work then proabably you can try cleaning the installation and running install.demo again.

Regards.