[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - How to extend the UILogoPortlet in project
Wells guo
2013-03-14 06:58:12 UTC
Wells guo [https://community.jboss.org/people/wguo] created the discussion

"How to extend the UILogoPortlet in project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802552#802552

Hi ,

    Does anyone know how to extend the UILogoPortlet in gatein.ear/web.war , because i want to change the default sign in action. I tried rewrite the gmtpl and related configuration.xml in my ear , but it didn't work .

Thanks !

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]
Wells guo
2013-03-14 09:53:31 UTC
Wells guo [https://community.jboss.org/people/wguo] created the discussion

"Re: How to extend the UILogoPortlet in project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802586#802586

I mean how to overrite the UILogoPortlet and ref it in my project and don't modify anything of the origin web.war .

Matt Wringe
2013-03-14 13:37:12 UTC
Matt Wringe [https://community.jboss.org/people/mwringe] created the discussion

"Re: How to extend the UILogoPortlet in project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802674#802674

The UILogoPortlet (aka as the banner portlet) is added to the layout of the page. You should be able to log into the site as an admin, go to 'site editor' -> 'edit layout',  remove the banner portlet from the layout and add in your own custom portlet instead.

Wells guo
2013-03-15 08:06:39 UTC
Wells guo [https://community.jboss.org/people/wguo] created the discussion

"Re: How to extend the UILogoPortlet in project"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802859#802859

Matt , thanks for your reply , I know it now .