[jboss-user] [jBPM] - How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?
Thomas Setiabudi
2012-09-01 18:18:20 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/757430#757430

The jbpm-console that comes with JBPM5.3 installer reads a set of user and roles from textfiles,

How do we modify the jbpm-console to retrieve the user and role list from database?

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi

kifayath khan
2012-09-02 10:34:54 UTC
kifayath khan [https://community.jboss.org/people/kifayath] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/757466#757466

Hi Thomas

I am also looking for same information.

regards
kaif

Maciej Swiderski
2012-09-03 05:53:51 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/757506#757506

You need to configure security domain in JBoss Application Server that is used by jbpm-console. To do so, go to standalone.xml and modify section for jbpm-console security domain, for more details about configuring data base realms check JBoss AS documentation.

HTH

Thomas Setiabudi
2012-09-07 09:11:18 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758510#758510

Hi Maciej Swiderski,

Thanks for pointing that.

I changed the security domain in standalone.xml
then when I want to logs in, I got this message from jbpm console
"You are not authorized to use this application"
(I attached the screenshot)

How do I get my Database User and Roles authorized to login into jbpm-console?

Any help is appreciated. :)

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi

Maciej Swiderski
2012-09-07 09:13:12 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758511#758511

you need to add one of following roles into your users to be able to access console:
- user
- admin
- manager

Only those roles are allowed to access console.

HTH

Thomas Setiabudi
2012-09-07 09:23:15 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758512#758512

wow thats real quick answer! :)

Thank you very much, I can log in with my Database user now.

by the way, where are those authorized roles: user, admin, and manager is defined?

Thomas Setiabudi
2012-09-07 09:44:06 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/758517#758517

Just in case someone need to do the same thing, here are some technical detail on how to make jbpm-console get list of user and roles from database.
My Environment:
1. JBPM5.3 default installer
2. Changed the DB to SQL Server https://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-19221 https://community.jboss.org/wiki/SetUpJBPM53ToUseMSSQLServer2008
3. change the security-domain of jbpm-console in JBoss AS 7's standalone.xml
Reference: http://docs.jboss.org/jbosssecurity/docs/6.0/security_guide/html/Login_Modules.html#sect-DatabaseServerLoginModule http://docs.jboss.org/jbosssecurity/docs/6.0/security_guide/html/Login_Modules.html#sect-DatabaseServerLoginModule
if my database tables are:
dbo.User(UserLogon VARCHAR(64) PRIMARY KEY, Password VARCHAR(64))
dbo.UserRole (UserLogon VARCHAR(64), RoleName VARCHAR(32))
in standalone.xml look for this section:

<security-domain name="jbpm-console" cache-type="default">
                    <authentication>
                        <login-module code="UsersRoles" flag="required">
                            <module-option name="usersProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/users.properties"/>
                            <module-option name="rolesProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/roles.properties"/>
                        </login-module>
                    </authentication>
                </security-domain>

and change it to:
<security-domain name="jbpm-console" cache-type="default">
                    <authentication>
                        <login-module code="UsersRoles" flag="required">
                            <module-option name="usersProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/users.properties"/>
                            <module-option name="rolesProperties" value="${jboss.server.config.dir}/roles.properties"/>
                        </login-module>
                    </authentication>
                </security-domain>

Hope it can be useful

Yogesh Gupta
2013-08-14 06:24:20 UTC
Yogesh Gupta [https://community.jboss.org/people/yogesh02] created the discussion

"Re: How to modify jbpm-console to make it retrieve user and role list from database?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832590#832590

Hi Thomas,

I followed the same as you mentioned above but still getting the "Authentication Failed" on jbpm console.

Please help!!

Thanks in advance.