[jboss-user] [IronJacamar] - Developing a Resource Adapter to an EIS
Max Korn
2013-01-07 22:16:16 UTC
Max Korn [https://community.jboss.org/people/developer251] created the discussion

"Developing a Resource Adapter to an EIS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789014#789014

Hi all !
I'd need to create a Resource Adapter which connects to an EIS via sockets. I've gone through the HelloWorld example code in the documentation however I cannot figure out where should I store the socket handle to the remote EIS? (so that I can re-use it between calls to the resource adapter). Maybe, should I store it into the HelloWorldManagedConnection as class variable ?

Thanks
Max

Start a new discussion in IronJacamar at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2098]
Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-07 22:49:58 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Developing a Resource Adapter to an EIS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789036#789036

Correct, the ManagedConnection represents the physical connection to the target system -- http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/introduction.html#overview_outbound http://docs.jboss.org/ironjacamar/userguide/1.1/en-US/html/introduction.html#overview_outbound

Max Korn
2013-01-08 08:30:52 UTC
Max Korn [https://community.jboss.org/people/developer251] created the discussion

"Re: Developing a Resource Adapter to an EIS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789262#789262

Thanks! that was a wild guess :-)

Jesper Pedersen
2013-01-08 12:30:46 UTC
Jesper Pedersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/jesper.pedersen] created the discussion

"Re: Developing a Resource Adapter to an EIS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/789290#789290

Did you understand the above link ? Or do we need more ? If yes, what are you looking for ?