[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - MDB on WebSphere application sever is not picking up message
h Ruan
2013-02-22 21:20:39 UTC
h Ruan [https://community.jboss.org/people/honglei_ruan] created the discussion

"MDB on WebSphere application sever is not picking up message"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799162#799162

My application is running on webspshere application server. I have JBoss Messaging (in jboss eap 4.3) as JMS provider and MDB listener ports configured on the server. It has been working fine with jboss eap 4.3. However, after I upgraded jboss eap  4.3 to jboss eap 6.0. My MDBs are not picking up files anymore and no error messages. I did change the naming context and url as below and put the jboss-client.jar into the messaging provider class path.
org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory
remote://localhost:4447

I am able to send and receive message to/from jboss eap 6.0 with standalone applications though.

Any one has idea what else needs to be done?

Thanks
Honglei

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]
Yong Hao Gao
2013-02-25 06:07:54 UTC
Yong Hao Gao [https://community.jboss.org/people/gaohoward] created the discussion

"Re: MDB on WebSphere application sever is not picking up message"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799282#799282

EAP 6.0 uses HornetQ as its default messaging service, which has totally different set of configurations from JBM. If you can give more configuration details of your MDB setup, it will help a lot to figure out the issue.

h Ruan
2013-02-25 14:55:22 UTC
h Ruan [https://community.jboss.org/people/honglei_ruan] created the discussion

"Re: MDB on WebSphere application sever is not picking up message"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/799391#799391

My MDB setup is almost the same as with JBM (that is the issue?). And on my local webspher server,  I am not using Activation Specification. I am still using Message Listener ports for MDB binding. Here are the config details:

JMS Provider Config:
Name: JBoss Messaging
ClassPath: {libPath}\jboss-client.jar
External Intitial Context Factory: org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory
External Provider URL: remote://localhost:4447

ConnectionFactory Config:
Provier: JBoss Messaging

Name: XAConnectionFactory
JNDI Name: jms/XAConnectionFactory
External JNDI Name: XAConnectionFactory

Queue Config:
Provier: JBoss Messaging

Name: FileConnectQueue
JNDI Name: jms/FileConnectQueue
External JNDI Name: queue/FileConnectQueue