[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Process having script and deployed through Guvnor is not visible in JBPM console
Ashish T
2013-07-25 11:13:16 UTC
Ashish T [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashpcs] created the discussion

"Process having script and deployed through Guvnor is not visible in JBPM console"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/829715#829715

I am using JBPM 5.3 and have configured  JBPM 5.4, JBPM console, Human task and JBPM guvnor to run on tomcat 7.

I was getting permgen space error so I have  installed Guvnor in one tomcat and everything else in another tomcat instance.
When I create JBPM process in Guvnor and having human task it is visible in JBPM console and I can start the task.
But If I start another process having only script task is is resulting in below error when I click the process in JBPM console.  Is there any specific reason?

The error I am getting is as below.   Let me know If any otehr details needs to be rpovded

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.NullPointerException
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.unwrapException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:345)
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleApplicationException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:321)
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:214)
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.handleInvokerException(SynchronousDispatcher.java:190)
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.getResponse(SynchronousDispatcher.java:534)
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:496)
          org.jboss.resteasy.core.SynchronousDispatcher.invoke(SynchronousDispatcher.java:119)
          org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.ServletContainerDispatcher.service(ServletContainerDispatcher.java:208)
          org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:55)
          org.jboss.resteasy.plugins.server.servlet.HttpServletDispatcher.service(HttpServletDispatcher.java:50)
          javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722)
          org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)
root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
          java.io.ByteArrayInputStream.<init>(ByteArrayInputStream.java:89)
          org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.ProcessInstanceInfo.getProcessInstance(ProcessInstanceInfo.java:132)
          org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.JPAProcessInstanceManager.getProcessInstance(JPAProcessInstanceManager.java:83)
          org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.getProcessInstance(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:204)
          org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.getProcessInstance(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1100)
          org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.getProcessInstance(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:297)
          org.drools.command.runtime.process.GetProcessInstanceCommand.execute(GetProcessInstanceCommand.java:48)
          org.drools.command.runtime.process.GetProcessInstanceCommand.execute(GetProcessInstanceCommand.java:25)
          org.drools.command.impl.DefaultCommandService.execute(DefaultCommandService.java:36)
          org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService.execute(SingleSessionCommandService.java:367)
          org.drools.command.impl.CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession.getProcessInstance(CommandBasedStatefulKnowledgeSession.java:125)
          org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.getActiveNodeInstances(CommandDelegate.java:211)
          org.jbpm.integration.console.ProcessManagement.getProcessInstances(ProcessManagement.java:75)
          org.jboss.bpm.console.server.ProcessMgmtFacade.getInstancesJSON(ProcessMgmtFacade.java:192)
          sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

Maciej Swiderski
2013-07-29 06:04:14 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Process having script and deployed through Guvnor is not visible in JBPM console"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/830163#830163

that means you have some corrupted data in processinstanceinfo table. Best would be to cleanup the data base and if that is not possible to find all entries in processinstanceinfo table where processid is equal to the processid with script task. That is to make sure you have valid data in your db.

A quick way to check it differently is to change the process id of the script task process and deploy it again. That should make sure you have no previous process instances inside db that got corrupted.

Another thing is - why corrupted data exists in you db? Might be related to the errors when executing the script itself, so please review the script to make sure it executes successfully.

btw, what data base do you use?

HTH

Ashish T
2013-07-29 12:38:04 UTC
Ashish T [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashpcs] created the discussion

"Re: Process having script and deployed through Guvnor is not visible in JBPM console"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/830273#830273

I forgot to mention.

I created both business processes using JBPM designer. both business processes does not have busines data as those were created just to check if jbpm console and drools guvnor are installed correctly .
In one of the process I added script task and  in another case I added human task. Script task just contained message print statment.  In this should it give any error?

Maciej Swiderski
2013-07-30 04:49:09 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Process having script and deployed through Guvnor is not visible in JBPM console"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/830384#830384

if that builds in guvnor properly it should not. Could you please attach that process here just for review?

Cheers

Ashish T
2013-07-30 12:49:28 UTC
Ashish T [https://community.jboss.org/people/ashpcs] created the discussion

"Re: Process having script and deployed through Guvnor is not visible in JBPM console"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/830489#830489

That was aslo my understanding.

Sadly after restarting Guvnor recreated the repository and I have lost the business process.  I will see if I can recreate it as it was on clients server.