[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?
Rudolf S
2012-04-27 07:16:58 UTC
Rudolf S [https://community.jboss.org/people/Diamantregen] created the discussion

"[JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/732603#732603

Hello,

I found that when the following is set in the standalone.xml of JBoss-7.1.1.Final, it will have a fatal error:

<xa-datasource....>
*<xa-datasource-property name="ConnectionProperties">SetBigStringTryClob=true</xa-datasource-property>*
</xa-datasource>

The error is:

Caused by: javax.resource.ResourceException: No property editor found for type: class java.util.Properties
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.getXADataSource(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:601)
        at org.jboss.jca.adapters.jdbc.xa.XAManagedConnectionFactory.getXAManagedConnection(XAManagedConnectionFactory.java:430)

When I don't define the SetBigStringTryClob setting, all is fine. However, the SetBigStringTryClob is really important for the application to work correctly.

Maybe this a bug? It worked without problems in JBoss 4.2.3. Is there any workaround? Please help, thanks!

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]
Roger S
2012-05-18 02:15:56 UTC
Roger S [https://community.jboss.org/people/Diamantregen] created the discussion

"Re: [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/736377#736377

I have created the related issue https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4673 AS7-4673 some weeks ago, but seems it's not assigned yet. Unfortunately this issue is quite critical to our application, is there maybe a workaround? Thanks.

John Mazzitelli
2012-12-10 15:31:36 UTC
John Mazzitelli [https://community.jboss.org/people/mazz] created the discussion

"Re: [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/782623#782623

I added a comment in that JIRA:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4673?focusedCommentId=12740399&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12740399 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4673?focusedCommentId=12740399&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12740399

I think (as I mention in another comment in there) that this is related to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-5336 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-5336

John Mazzitelli
2012-12-10 16:04:39 UTC
John Mazzitelli [https://community.jboss.org/people/mazz] created the discussion

"Re: [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/782630#782630

As an aside, Oracle doesn't appear to support 10g's original release (10.0) anymore - and 10.1 extended support ended this past January. You can see this in the pdf file located at the bottom of http://www.oracle.com/us/support/lifetime-support/index.html http://www.oracle.com/us/support/lifetime-support/index.html - the link "Lifetime Support Policy: Oracle Technology Products". So it appears they don't even support 10.0 and probably haven't for a while. 10.0 isn't even on their support matrix chart; only 10.1 and 10.2 (in the 10g family) is listed.

This is relevent because, as per:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/java.112/e16548/oralob.htm#CHDGEIHF http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/java.112/e16548/oralob.htm#CHDGEIHF

it says:

   "The SetBigStringTryClob connection property of Oracle Database 10g Release 1 (10.1) is no longer used or needed"

so this means all their +supported+ 10g releases don't need it.

John Mazzitelli
2012-12-10 16:27:11 UTC
John Mazzitelli [https://community.jboss.org/people/mazz] created the discussion

"Re: [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/782632#782632

sorry for the spam, but it was brought to my attention that I might be misinterpreting that quote from the Oracle docs "The SetBigStringTryClob connection property of Oracle Database 10g Release 1 (10.1) is no longer used or needed". I read that as "Oracle 10.1 and up no longer needs it" but I think it really is saying "that property that was in 10.1 (an apparently used) is no longer needed or used in later versions".

So I may be wrong that it isn't used in 10.1.

Roger S
2012-12-11 02:11:34 UTC
Roger S [https://community.jboss.org/people/Diamantregen] created the discussion

"Re: [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/782704#782704

Yeah, with Oracle Database 11g release 2 (11.2), the property isn't needed anymore. With previous versions back to Oracle Database 10g Release 1 (10.1), the problem still persists.

oparrish
2013-05-08 19:41:41 UTC
oparrish [https://community.jboss.org/people/oparrish] created the discussion

"Re: [JBoss-7.1.1.Final] xa-datasource-property bug?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/816883#816883

I'm having a similiar issue using xa-datasoure-property to set ConnectionProperties on an Oracle connection.  Specifically, <xa-datasource-property name="ConnectionProperties">oracle.jdbc.ReadTimeout=30000</xa-datasource-property>

I don't get a fatal error but, the property seems to be ignored and I never see the OracleDataSource.setConnectionProperties() method get called.