[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Remote EJB invocation performance
Andrey Trakhirov
2013-07-05 13:05:27 UTC
Andrey Trakhirov [https://community.jboss.org/people/andreytr] created the discussion

"Remote EJB invocation performance"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826592#826592

Hi there

I have EJB Bean on JBoss 5 and remote client (webapp on tomcat 7).

When I have 10-20 requests per second from Tomcat to JBoss EJB, the EJB request invocation time on tomcat takes about 100-150ms, on JBoss it takes about 100-140ms (same time).
But when I have 200 requests per second from Tomcat to JBoss EJB, the request invocation time on tomcat takes abount 5000-6000ms, but on JBoss it takes only 1000-1200ms.

Why so different results? Where is the limitation can be?

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]
Andrey Trakhirov
2013-07-05 15:31:47 UTC
Andrey Trakhirov [https://community.jboss.org/people/andreytr] created the discussion

"Re: Remote EJB invocation performance"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826617#826617

As far as I see there are only 50 WorkerThreads. Where can I increase the limitation?

Radoslav Husar
2013-07-08 12:15:45 UTC
Radoslav Husar [https://community.jboss.org/people/rhusar] created the discussion

"Re: Remote EJB invocation performance"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/826867#826867

I suppose "on Tomcat" you mean Tomcat server doing a remote EJB invocation that is running on the JBoss and you are comparing this to local calls?

You should take a look at remoting-jboss-beans.xml and look at pool sizes and try to tune them to get better numbers.

Check out this document for more help https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/5/html/Performance_Tuning_Guide/sect-Performance_Tuning_Guide-Remote_EJB_Clients.html https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/5/html/Performance_Tuning_Guide/sect-Performance_Tuning_Guide-Remote_EJB_Clients.html