[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Could not open the Visual Page
Mickael Istria
2012-11-27 10:03:36 UTC
Mickael Istria [https://community.jboss.org/people/mickael_istria] created the discussion

"Re: Could not open the Visual Page Editor: Current platform 'win32.win32.x86_64' is not supported."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/778515#778515

It seems like we can make progress now: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-2720?focusedCommentId=12737244&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12737244 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-2720?focusedCommentId=12737244&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12737244
Stay tuned (watch issue for news).

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Mickael Istria
2012-11-27 11:21:05 UTC
Mickael Istria [https://community.jboss.org/people/mickael_istria] created the discussion

"Re: Could not open the Visual Page Editor: Current platform 'win32.win32.x86_64' is not supported."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/778548#778548

But it seems that there is no more version of JavaXPCom maintained since Gecko 4.
So we have either:
* SWT + XulRunner 1.9 + JavaXPCom working (except on OSX 64bits and Win64bits)
* SWT + XulRunner 10 working, but no compliant JavaXPCom
As XPCom is a requirement for VPE, it's a kind of deadlock to keep on using XulRunner & XPCom... Except if someone makes a release of JavaXPCom compliant with XulRunner 10.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Denis Golovin
2012-12-06 00:10:28 UTC
Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: Could not open the Visual Page Editor: Current platform 'win32.win32.x86_64' is not supported."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/780259#780259

JavaXPCOM bridge was deleted from mozilla repository at some point, but sources are still available from other http://mxr.mozilla.org/firefox2/source/extensions/java/xpcom/ branches. Someone who is familiar with mozilla build extension could probably port JavaXPCOM sources to latest XULRunner and we would get something to try with VPE. I don't think it is easy to do because as I remember XPCOM  inerfaces were unfrozen at some point, so this port would be dealing with migration to new API. After discussion we decided it doesn't worth to try, so we're going to maintain what we have and develop new implementation for VPE that would work for all supported platforms.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Yahor Radtsevich
2013-06-03 19:08:15 UTC
Yahor Radtsevich [https://community.jboss.org/people/yradtsevich] created the discussion

"Re: Could not open the Visual Page Editor: Current platform 'win32.win32.x86_64' is not supported."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/821077#821077

Experimental support of 64-bit Windows is available in JBoss Tools 4.1.0.Beta1 and JBoss Developer Studio 7.0.0.Beta1.
To enable it, you need to install XULRunner from this update site: http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/xulrunner-1.9.2_win64/all/repo/ http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/builds/staging/xulrunner-1.9.2_win64/all/repo/.
Please comment https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-2720 this JIRA if something went wrong.

Many thanks to https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-2720?focusedCommentId=12770999&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-12770999 Carsten Pfeiffer, who ported XULRunner 1.9 to 64-bit Windows and shared the sources with us!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]