[jboss-user] [jBPM] - When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package
renez
2012-03-20 07:20:03 UTC
renez [https://community.jboss.org/people/renez] created the discussion

"When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724922#724922

Hello,

I trie to create a reusable subprocess task in my process. When I open "Called Element" in the properties tab I can only see processes of the default package:

although there are processe in my package:
Do the subprocess have to be in a different package then the process who is calling them?

Thank you!

René

Esteban Aliverti
2012-03-20 07:42:19 UTC
Esteban Aliverti [https://community.jboss.org/people/eaa] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/724926#724926

Not sure why is this happening. Is your "parent" process in defaultPakcage?
Either way, I htink you should be able to see all the packages in Guvnor and also have te possibility to add an arbitrary String just in case you want to invoke a process that is outside Guvnor or if you want to use a process variable/expression like #{calculatedSubprocessId}

Best Regards,

renez
2012-03-21 07:22:11 UTC
renez [https://community.jboss.org/people/renez] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/725248#725248

Hey Esteban,

thank you for your reply, My parent process is not in the default package. I created my own package with the pattern xx.mydomain.mysubdomain. There I created the parent and the child processes. When I try to set the "Called Element" in the properties tab I can only see the processes in the default package.

Tihomir Surdilovic
2012-03-21 15:11:44 UTC
Tihomir Surdilovic [https://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/725368#725368

Designer queries all of your Guvnor packages looking for .bpmn2 processes. If it finds them it tries to query for the process id, if found then adds it to the list of available selections. It skips the process you are currently editing as it makes no sense to present it. If you are not seeing some processes in your custom package (not default package) Designer was not able to either find it, or was not able to query its process id attribute. Can you please upload your process repository xml (Administration->Import/Export and export and attach the zip here) so I can test.

maxur
2013-01-25 15:44:06 UTC
maxur [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxur] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794328#794328

I'm having exactly the same issue, when i open "Called element" I don't see any of my processes. For example, I create new package, then 2 processes. Both of them are start->task->end. I want to make second process to be subprocess of first one. So after creating both of them and building the package, in first process i set task type to 'Reusable subprocess' and then go to "Called element' and there isn't any process to choose from. I tried this in multiple packages, always the same situation. Is there any solution to this?

Thanks (also hvala :D )

Tihomir Surdilovic
2013-01-25 15:47:59 UTC
Tihomir Surdilovic [https://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794329#794329

Can you attach your repository (in Guvnor go to Administration->Import/Export and export and attach the zip or the included xml). Also share what version of Designer you are using. I will then debug locally and will be able to answer your question better..

maxur
2013-01-25 16:02:16 UTC
maxur [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxur] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794335#794335

I installed jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full (stared with start.demo, connected to MySQL), deisgner vesion is 5.5.0. Final. My test package for this situation is PAKET_test2.

maxur
2013-01-29 10:28:54 UTC
maxur [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxur] created the discussion

"Re: When creating a reusable subprocess in Guvnor/ Designer in "Called Element" is only available from default package"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/794839#794839

I found the problem, there shouldn't be any whitespaces in process name (the one accessible through edit-> rename) and there shouldn't be "_" underscore character in ID property. When I fixed that my processes started to appear in CalledBy field.

Can you please explain the difference with this three type of names of a process:

1. Name we change in edit -> rename
2. Property Name in Properties
3. Property ID in Properties (format is packageName.anyProcessName) ?

Thanks.