[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS
Shibasis Das
2013-02-28 15:40:30 UTC
Shibasis Das [https://community.jboss.org/people/javafreeker] created the discussion

"JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800101#800101

Hi Friends

I have created a sample JBPM Project - Hello World .Could anyone help me out with the steps I need to perform to deploy the project on IBM WAS.

Thanks
-SD

Maciej Swiderski
2013-03-01 13:29:52 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800293#800293

steps are same as for any other application server. make sure you bundle all required jars inside the app and define data source if you use persistence.

HTH

Shibasis Das
2013-03-01 14:32:49 UTC
Shibasis Das [https://community.jboss.org/people/javafreeker] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800304#800304

Hi Maciej

I have created a very simple JBPM Project.Now how would I turn that to a ear/war so that I can deploy it on IBM WAS.

Also when I try to deploy another JBPM Web project.I get a linkage Error when I try to run the application.

Please help me with the issues.

Thanks
-SD

roxy1987
2013-03-05 16:17:12 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800840#800840

Dont forget to change the transaction class look up..

Shibasis Das
2013-03-05 16:44:09 UTC
Shibasis Das [https://community.jboss.org/people/javafreeker] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800844#800844

Hi Roxy

Actually I'm pretty new to JBPM so could you please explain "how to change the transaction class look up".

Thanks
-SD

roxy1987
2013-03-05 21:03:47 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800891#800891

Shibasis,

https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987/blog/2013/01/22/jbpm5-web-application-example https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987/blog/2013/01/22/jbpm5-web-application-example this is an example of web application.Its a running example configured to run with WAS and DB2. I created this in my initial days of exploring jBPM5. A lot has been changed by now but atleast this will get you started. Any questions let me know..

Regards.

roxy1987
2013-03-05 21:07:20 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800892#800892

If you check the persistence.xml inside, you will find the transaction lookup class for websphere server. The same needs to change for running this on other web containers.

Shibasis Das
2013-03-05 21:13:35 UTC
Shibasis Das [https://community.jboss.org/people/javafreeker] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800895#800895

Thanks Roxy

I'm currently in need of an JBPM 5 web application without any database interaction.
Please send me any example if you have..

Thanks a lot for the response

-SD

roxy1987
2013-03-05 21:22:30 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800899#800899

Without any DB? So you dont wanna persist the data? But then I believe you wont need to worry about running jbpm on websphere or any web container for that matter. since it looks like all you need websphere for is to display web pages. In that case you can use the same sample project that you have and change it to a simple dynamic web project by adding the pages to it. Dont worry about transaction or any thing.

Shibasis Das
2013-03-05 21:29:30 UTC
Shibasis Das [https://community.jboss.org/people/javafreeker] created the discussion

"Re: JBPM Project deployment to IBM WAS"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/800904#800904

Hi Roxy

Thanks for the response.

Actually I want to have a Proof of Concept that the JBPM 5 Web application will run smoothly on IBM WAS.
We need to migrate an JBPM Application running on Jboss Server to IBM WAS.

For the above reason,I wanted to built a very simple JBPM5 Application to be tested on IBM WAS.

Thanks
-SD