[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Error when building package in Guvnor - "Process compilation error <ClassName> cannot be resolved to a type."
Dave Immordino
2013-03-27 21:01:57 UTC
Dave Immordino [https://community.jboss.org/people/dimmordino] created the discussion

"Error when building package in Guvnor - "Process compilation error <ClassName> cannot be resolved to a type.""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805132#805132

   I have a simple script task that calls a method on a class that i have defined. when i try to build the package in Guvnor where my uploaded bpmn file that calls my class is i get the error "Process compilation error <ClassName> cannot be resolved to a type." This class also has a bunch of other dependencies. I have a jar file with all of my needed dependencies, but i am not sure where i am supposed to put it so that i can build my package through Guvnor. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks!
- Dave

Maciej Swiderski
2013-03-29 16:37:24 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Error when building package in Guvnor - "Process compilation error <ClassName> cannot be resolved to a type.""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805542#805542

you need to upload it to guvnor as model jar, see guvnor http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.5.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html/ch04.html#d0e1629 documentation for details.

HTH

dimmordino
2013-04-01 17:25:56 UTC
dimmordino [https://community.jboss.org/people/dimmordino] created the discussion

"Re: Error when building package in Guvnor - "Process compilation error <ClassName> cannot be resolved to a type.""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805843#805843

Thank you for the response. I did try uploading the jar file to guvnor and it still does not seem to find the classes in the jar file. Do i have to reference any of the packages somehow after the jar file is uploaded or does that automatically place the .jar file into my classpath? I see a configuration section for imported types and globals above the "build package" button in guvnor. Do i have to import every dependency here, if so can i use ".*" to reference entire packages or do i have to list each class individually?

thanks,
  Dave

dimmordino
2013-04-01 18:42:36 UTC
dimmordino [https://community.jboss.org/people/dimmordino] created the discussion

"Re: Error when building package in Guvnor - "Process compilation error <ClassName> cannot be resolved to a type.""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/805853#805853

Ok, i got my package to build. I was originally adding the imported types via the configuration section mentioned in my last post and then clicking the build button WITHOUT saving first. I did not realize you have to save the changes after adding an imported type before clicking the build button, or the changes won't take effect.