[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Custom Service Tasks with a specific definition
Marco Gomes
2013-07-16 14:30:14 UTC
Marco Gomes [https://community.jboss.org/people/marcogomes] created the discussion

"Custom Service Tasks with a specific definition"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/828248#828248

Hello all!

I've facing some problems trying to modify the service tasks in jBPM designer. I will expose my problem, I want to make available in the service tasks palette (jBPM designer) a custom service task with a particular definition, specifically, I want a service task item that is a BPMN2 serviceTask with a different implementation value (different for default) . How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

micste
2013-07-17 08:23:38 UTC
micste [https://community.jboss.org/people/micste] created the discussion

"Re: Custom Service Tasks with a specific definition"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/828362#828362

I don't really understood your problem. A service task can be configured as as workitemdefinition. You can also define parameters for it. After that it will appear in the service task palette.
You need to register the workitemhandler in the session and implement it.

Marco Gomes
2013-07-17 12:13:33 UTC
Marco Gomes [https://community.jboss.org/people/marcogomes] created the discussion

"Re: Custom Service Tasks with a specific definition"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/828405#828405

How can I change the implementation default value?  can you give an example?

Here is an example of the source code that the custom service task (workitemdefinition) must have:
<bpmn2:serviceTask (...) name="My Task" implementation="#CustomValue" (...) >

micste
2013-07-17 12:50:13 UTC
micste [https://community.jboss.org/people/micste] created the discussion

"Re: Custom Service Tasks with a specific definition"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/828413#828413

I think this isn't editable in designer, see
http://mswiderski.blogspot.de/2012/07/service-task-with-web-service.html http://mswiderski.blogspot.de/2012/07/service-task-with-web-service.html
"NOTE: Unfortunately tooling does not support this yet so the bpmn2 file needs to be edited by hand. Soon tooling will provide this as well."

Tihomir Surdilovic
2013-07-18 14:05:36 UTC
Tihomir Surdilovic [https://community.jboss.org/people/tsurdilovic] created the discussion

"Re: Custom Service Tasks with a specific definition"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/828639#828639

That note is a little outdated - we have added support for it in Designer ( Loading Image... http://i.imgur.com/G18FJzu.png) for service tasks, and imports. This is available to test in Designer master github, give it a try if you want and report any issues you may find.

HTH