[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno
roopachakra
2013-04-29 20:31:23 UTC
roopachakra [https://community.jboss.org/people/roopachakra] created the discussion

"Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810846#810846

Hello,

Tried installing JBoss tools to eclipse juno. Set the JBOSS WS run time location by following steps.

  Window->Preferences->Web Services->JBossWS Preferences->Add. Then provide a name (eg. jboss-eap-5.1.0), Home Folder should be $JBOSS_HOME (which is the jboss-as folder). JBOSS server is 5.1.0.

When I right click on existing wsdl to generate client code I get below exception. Wondering if anyone can help me resolving this issue.

Has anyone been successful in generating WS client code in eclipse juno? If yes, please help with the steps.

IWAB0014E Unexpected exception occurred.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jboss.tools.ws.creation.core.utils.JBossWSCreationUtils.getJBossWSRuntimeLocation(JBossWSCreationUtils.java:296)
at org.jboss.tools.ws.creation.core.commands.InitialClientCommand.execute(InitialClientCommand.java:62)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.runCommand(CommandFragmentEngine.java:419)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.visitTop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:359)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.core.fragment.CommandFragmentEngine.moveForwardToNextStop(CommandFragmentEngine.java:254)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager$6.run(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:294)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.runInCurrentThread(ModalContext.java:464)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:372)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.run(WizardDialog.java:1028)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleCommandEngineManager.runForwardToNextStop(SimpleCommandEngineManager.java:264)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.runForwardToNextStop(WizardPageManager.java:91)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.WizardPageManager.getNextPage(WizardPageManager.java:154)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.SimpleWizardPage.getNextPage(SimpleWizardPage.java:136)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.nextPressed(WizardDialog.java:908)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:428)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:248)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at org.eclipse.wst.command.internal.env.ui.widgets.popup.DynamicPopupWizard.run(DynamicPopupWizard.java:130)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:251)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4169)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3758)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:942)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:86)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:588)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:543)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:124)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:353)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:180)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:629)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:584)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1438)"
---------------------------------------
Thank you for your latest interaction with Red Hat Global Support Services. If you wish to contact Red Hat, please go to

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Brian Fitzpatrick
2013-04-29 20:34:06 UTC
Brian Fitzpatrick [https://community.jboss.org/people/bfitzpat] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810849#810849

What build of JBoss Tools did you install?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
roopachakra
2013-04-29 21:48:31 UTC
roopachakra [https://community.jboss.org/people/roopachakra] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/810853#810853

I installed
h1. JBoss Tools (Juno) 4.0.1.Final from eclipse market place

you think there are compatibility issues?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Brian Fitzpatrick
2013-04-30 17:08:40 UTC
Brian Fitzpatrick [https://community.jboss.org/people/bfitzpat] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811001#811001

Shouldn't be compatibility, just wanted a baseline to test with here. Let me see what I can come up with while I'm in there this week.

Thanks!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Brian Fitzpatrick
2013-04-30 17:09:03 UTC
Brian Fitzpatrick [https://community.jboss.org/people/bfitzpat] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811003#811003

Can you create a JIRA for this issue so I can track it?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
roopachakra
2013-04-30 18:37:22 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811013#811013

Thanks Brian. I have created JIRA ticket ( https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-14358 JBIDE-14358) . I contacted JBOSS support, they told me to install JBDS and try there. I have the same plug-in in eclipse. It should work in eclispe. Again it is Eclipse Juno. EAP 5.1.0 JBOSS server.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Brian Fitzpatrick
2013-04-30 22:25:59 UTC
Brian Fitzpatrick [https://community.jboss.org/people/bfitzpat] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811045#811045

Thanks for the stack trace and reporting the issue. I found the bug and have a fix out for review (see JBIDE-14358), plus I found a workaround for you that I also documented in that JIRA. Hopefully that will get you a around the problem.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
roopachakra
2013-05-01 13:10:36 UTC
roopachakra [https://community.jboss.org/people/roopachakra] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811088#811088

Thanks Brian. Workaround solution through dynamic web project worked. I am able to generate client code. Let me deploy to server and test it.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Brian Fitzpatrick
2013-05-01 16:35:11 UTC
Brian Fitzpatrick [https://community.jboss.org/people/bfitzpat] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811124#811124

Awesome. Keep me posted.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
roopachakra
2013-05-06 14:36:57 UTC
roopachakra [https://community.jboss.org/people/roopachakra] created the discussion

"Re: Not able to generate JBOSS WS client code in eclispe Juno"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/816286#816286

Brain,

After deploying the JBOSSWS client to the server I am getting below exception.

Caused by: javax.xml.bind.JAXBException: ClassCastException: attempting to cast vfszip:/C:/Projects/MyLTLDensityRate/jboss51/server/all/deploy/overnite.ear/ratingRest.war/WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-api-2.2.3.jar/javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.class to jar:file:/C:/Projects/MyLTLDensityRate/jboss51/lib/endorsed/jaxb-api.jar!/javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext.class.  Please make sure that you are specifying the proper ClassLoader.

I am using JDK 1.6.0. Any suggesations to solve this problem?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Brian Fitzpatrick
2013-05-06 15:49:38 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/816308#816308