[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete.
Sunil V
2013-01-04 02:55:05 UTC
Sunil V [https://community.jboss.org/people/sunilkrverma] created the discussion

"Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787471#787471

I am using LocalHTWorkItemHandler and register it with ksesion. I am using Spring to do this as part of startup. For some reasons, when I mark my task as complete the flow doesn't move to next node of execution. The db is updated properly andi task is marked Completed. Question, what are the potential areas in the code that might cause this? How can I check if the  my work item handler is still listening for events?

Esteban Aliverti
2013-01-04 08:01:23 UTC
Esteban Aliverti [https://community.jboss.org/people/eaa] created the discussion

"Re: Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787533#787533

2 questions: Which version of jBPM are you using? Are you using persistence for the process execution (or only for Human Tasks)? There was a bug in versions previous to 5.4 that caused the same behavior you are experiencing.

Best Regards,

Sunil V
2013-01-04 09:29:42 UTC
Sunil V [https://community.jboss.org/people/sunilkrverma] created the discussion

"Re: Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787550#787550

1)  jbpm 5.4.0.

2) I am using persistence for both Human Task and Process ( both Task and ProcessIntanceLog tables are populated correctly).

Once the task is marked compleetd, I see that the status field in Task table is updated correctly to completed.

I debugged and found that it even goes to org.jbpm.task.event.*MessagingTaskEventListener* class and calls *taskCompleted* method also.  But a call to *List<EventTriggerTransport> targets = getTargets(key, generalKey);* returns null;

I am using *LocalHTWorkItemHandler* and Spring.

Thomas Setiabudi
2013-01-04 10:10:30 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787557#787557

Hi Sunil V,

I have not got any experience with LocalHTWorkItemHandler and Spring in jBPM but in my case, usually this was caused by the WorkItemHandler does not listen to the task complete event.

Do you restart the server / application that has the human task handler before completing the task?

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi

Note: I use jbpm5.4 too

Sunil V
2013-01-04 10:19:33 UTC
Sunil V [https://community.jboss.org/people/sunilkrverma] created the discussion

"Re: Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787561#787561

No, I don't start the server.

+>>>Usually this was caused by the WorkItemHandler does not listen to the task complete event.+

*Is there a way to check if +WorkItemHandler+ is listening?*

Did you ever get chance to debug and see what kind of listener is being used in your case - in my case its org.jbpm.task.event.*MessagingTaskEventListener. *

*Thanks*
*Sunil**
*

Thomas Setiabudi
2013-01-04 10:34:18 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787562#787562

Hi Sunil V,

In my Human Task Work Item Handler, this is the task completed handler (default) that I use

private class TaskCompletedHandler extends AbstractBaseResponseHandler
   implements EventResponseHandler

roxy1987
2013-01-04 20:16:06 UTC
roxy1987 [https://community.jboss.org/people/roxy1987] created the discussion

"Re: Areas to check if process is not moving ahead after a task is marked complete."

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/787706#787706

I once had a similar issue because of a dumb mistake. I left the task name field blank in the process defination for the 2nd task in the process. So after completion of 1st task, it wont show me the next one. So I figured it out and made that change, it worked fine after that. May be you wanna check that. A task should have Name, TaskName and comment fields non empty.

Regards.