[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Hibernate tools 4 pojo generator prints "3.4.0.CR1"
Guillermo L
2013-03-20 20:27:21 UTC
Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"Hibernate tools 4 pojo generator prints "3.4.0.CR1""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803916#803916

I've started using Eclipse Juno SR2 and already installed JBoss Tools 4. I've generated some entity classes with hibernate tools and got version "3.4.0.CR1" printed out on java sources while on previous Indigo I got "4.0.0"??? I'm totally confused about it.

Any hint will be highly appreciated.

Guillermo

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Guillermo L
2013-03-20 20:51:56 UTC
Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"Re: Hibernate tools 4 pojo generator prints "3.4.0.CR1""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/803917#803917

I guess I already found it out. Since I'm using it from eclipse, when I created the hibernate console configuration I forgot to set the hibernate version and was set up as 3.5. I've set 4.0 and got the version as expected one.

However, does anyone knows what is the actual impact of setting hibernate version 3.5/4.0 here?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-03-21 12:14:20 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: Hibernate tools 4 pojo generator prints "3.4.0.CR1""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/804039#804039

The impact is it will use Hibernate Tools that works with Hibernate 3.5 when you choose 3.5 and when you choose 4.0 it uses Hibernate Tools that works with Hibernate 4 :)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Guillermo L
2013-03-21 12:45:23 UTC
Guillermo L [https://community.jboss.org/people/gmlopezdev] created the discussion

"Re: Hibernate tools 4 pojo generator prints "3.4.0.CR1""

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/804047#804047

Yeah :-). I guessed so however since I didn't found many significant differences within generated code, I was wondering about some "hidden" differences that was not being to see right now.

Thanks for your response!

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]