[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Getting information from another Database
Thomas Setiabudi
2013-02-06 01:14:53 UTC
Thomas Setiabudi [https://community.jboss.org/people/thomas.setiabudi] created the discussion

"Re: Getting information from another Database"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796252#796252

Hi Sadiroveski S,

In my case, we do not put our form in the FTL, we fill in the FTL with a link to our application's form (web form).  So the application form will handle all the data that need to be retrieved from the database.  Maybe that can be another approach alternative for you.

But I would like to know if it is possible to do all the data retrieval from the FTL form as well..

Regards,
Thomas Setiabudi

Sadiroveski S
2013-02-06 15:21:47 UTC
Sadiroveski S [https://community.jboss.org/people/sadiroveski] created the discussion

"Re: Getting information from another Database"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796370#796370

Hello Thomas, Thanks for your response.
Yes, what you are talking about is another approach but I think it is a little bit redundant.

I think it will be good if we can put your Web Forms to communicate with the console, for example to use JSP or JSF for developing forms i.e. It will only read Data from the database and from process instance, Search for a customer, fill it in combo/list box/textbox... and then on submit the values will be returned to the console. It will be very flexible.

The limitations here is that the Console is not designed to call/display a JSF page and to receive data from a JSF back.

I hope we can have some guidelines and suggestions from the jBPM team.

Regards,

Maciej Swiderski
2013-02-08 18:18:16 UTC
Maciej Swiderski [https://community.jboss.org/people/swiderski.maciej] created the discussion

"Re: Getting information from another Database"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796812#796812

Take a look http://freemarker.sourceforge.net/docs/ref_directive_include.html here, as console uses freemarker templates that are quite powerful maybe include can be something useful. This way you could contact another application (like you said runnign jsp or jsf) and get relevant html data as form so they can be submitted to the console for processing.

HTH