[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBoss EAP 6.0.1 doesn't work correctly on JBoss Tools 4
henk de boer
2013-01-16 22:58:54 UTC
henk de boer [https://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss EAP 6.0.1 doesn't work correctly on JBoss Tools 4"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792461#792461

Just wondering if I'm perhaps the only one seeing this?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-01-17 08:09:01 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss EAP 6.0.1 doesn't work correctly on JBoss Tools 4"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792527#792527

the classpath is dynamically calculatedb based on the content of the server thus its a bit weird.

Does it happen on complete new projects/new server setup too ?

In any case try remove and add the classpath container again.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2013-01-17 08:27:37 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss EAP 6.0.1 doesn't work correctly on JBoss Tools 4"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792531#792531

I just tested this in my dev environment, and I'm not able to replicate it. My classpath seems to be set properly.

Did you perhaps delete a runtime during a workspace session and then create a new one with the same name?

One workaround to force the classpath to reset for the dynamic web project would be to right-click the project, properties, then go to the "Targeted Runtimes" page, and uncheck your runtime. Press apply, then re-check it, and press apply. This will try to reset the classpath containers at least.

Where exactly are you seeing this build path error? You say you fiddled a bit and got it to reveal the error. Where was it? :)

Let's hope this is just a fluke of some type. Is it repeatable if done from a clean workspace? Any more information is definitely useful.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
henk de boer
2013-01-17 20:46:36 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792675#792675

Post by Rob Stryker
I just tested this in my dev environment, and I'm not able to replicate it. My classpath seems to be set properly.
Did you perhaps delete a runtime during a workspace session and then create a new one with the same name?
Initially I updated my existing EAP 6.0.0 runtime to point to a 6.0.1 installation, which is an operation I normally do for every other runtime I have. Then I created a completey new server and a new runtime as well, and set the target runtime of both an existing and new project to this, but in both cases the mentioned libraries could not be found.

I then tried an Eclipse 3.7 installation, with an existing workspace and an existing project already targetting the EAP 6.0.0 runtime. This gave the same problem.
Post by Rob Stryker
Where exactly are you seeing this build path error? You say you fiddled a bit and got it to reveal the error. Where was it? :)
It was in the Markers view. At first it wasn't there, but after some combination of closing and re-opening a project, cleaning and rebuilding, and restarting Eclipse (my usual recipe to reset potential caching issues) the entry appeared in that view. Since I wasn't looking at it all the time, I'm not exactly sure at what point it appeared there.

I'll try to see what happens when I do the uncheck-apply-recheck trick.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
henk de boer
2013-01-17 21:05:12 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/792679#792679

Post by Rob Stryker
Let's hope this is just a fluke of some type. Is it repeatable if done from a clean workspace? Any more information is definitely useful.
What do you know, I can't seem to replicate it again either! :X

The other week I could consistently replicate it in two different Eclipse instances and now it works in both. The only thing I can think of that changed is that I rebooted my system in the mean time (something I otherwise rarely do).

Let's indeed treat it then as some kind of fluke. I'll post a new comment here should I encounter it again (hopefully not ;) ).

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]