[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included
Genn Pusch
2013-04-09 10:39:38 UTC
Genn Pusch [https://community.jboss.org/people/g3n] created the discussion

"Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/807170#807170

Hi

Fresh installation of eclipse.4.3M6, JBoss eap 6.1 Alpha and JBoss Tools (nightly).
Created a new runntime and added it to a existing project. It shows "JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 Runntime (Tech Preview) [JBoss EAP 6.1 Runtime]" but the libraries are missing and as a result red markers everywhere.
So, how do i fix it? Can i even fix it?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-04-18 11:15:20 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/809038#809038

We see the same problem here with 4.2.0.a2 B6241 and B6288

I was letting the runtime use its default, standalone.xml.
The developers see the same problem when trying a standalone-full.xml setup.

RH: any idea of when this runtime will become fully usable? We have started working on our EAP6.1 migration, and this is rather annoying.

Thanks,
Jesper

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Genn Pusch
2013-04-18 16:09:32 UTC
Genn Pusch [https://community.jboss.org/people/g3n] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/809104#809104

Post by Genn Pusch
Can i even fix it?
It seem that I can.
By navigating to "Server -> Runtime Enviroments -> Default Classpath Entires" and selecting "Jboss Enterprise Application Platform 6.x Runtime" I replaced the listed paths with the correct ones and it worked again.
No sure what will happen if I update the Plugin again though.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-05-01 07:09:19 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811063#811063

I have just tried 4.1.0.alpha2 and it has the same problem.

If I look in "Default Classpath Entries" it is empty for the EAP61 platform.
And if I try to add something (like, modules/system/layers/base/**/*.jar) I'm then unable to add the server runtime to project build paths.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
jaikiran pai
2013-05-01 08:52:14 UTC
jaikiran pai [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811069#811069

AFAIK, this was fixed in 4.1 of JBoss Tools and it was supposed to be functional against EAP 6.1 https://community.jboss.org/community/tools/blog/2013/03/12/lets-go-to-kepler https://community.jboss.org/en/tools/blog/2013/03/12/lets-go-to-kepler

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Genn Pusch
2013-05-01 12:28:30 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811083#811083

Post by Jesper Skov
I have just tried 4.1.0.alpha2 and it has the same problem.
If I look in "Default Classpath Entries" it is empty for the EAP61 platform.
And if I try to add something (like, modules/system/layers/base/**/*.jar) I'm then unable to add the server runtime to project build paths.
Oh, I also tried creating a JBoss 7.1 server that points to the EAP61 beta - as suggested by Max in the release note, if I understand it correctly.
It complains about missing "modules/org/jboss/as/server/main" and also ends up empty.
Just in case. The striked trough part should not be part of the "Root Directory" when adding a path.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2013-05-02 06:38:55 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811161#811161

I'll look into verifying this today.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2013-05-02 08:52:44 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811183#811183

I think I misunderstood the issue, but, in general, we have not yet added classpath support for EAP 6.1 or any AS-7.2 based server. The reasons are that we're being instructed by the server team that additional API will be created for us to get a proper classpath, and that we should not be reaching into the modules folder on our own. Please see https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13871 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-13871

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-05-02 09:03:00 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811184#811184

OK, so we have to provide it ourselves for the time being. Thanks for clearing that up.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Jesper Skov
2013-05-01 08:57:57 UTC
Jesper Skov [https://community.jboss.org/people/jskovjyskebankdk] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811070#811070

AFAIK, this was supposed to be in fixed in 4.1 of JBoss Tools and it was supposed to be functional against EAP 6.1 https://community.jboss.org/community/tools/blog/2013/03/12/lets-go-to-kepler https://community.jboss.org/en/tools/blog/2013/03/12/lets-go-to-kepler
That particular fix appears to have run out of steam on its way across the atlantic, crashing before reaching shore.

Do you want me to report a bug?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
jaikiran pai
2013-05-01 11:24:37 UTC
jaikiran pai [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: Eap 6.1 Alpha Runntime - Libraries not included"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/811078#811078

I don't have much knowledge of JBoss Tools. Let's wait for some more time to hear from someone who knows more - it's a holiday today in some parts of the world so responses might be slow and might even take a day.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]