[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7
Venkat Aluru
2013-08-12 12:28:39 UTC
Venkat Aluru [https://community.jboss.org/people/vandiesel] created the discussion

"Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832301#832301

How to approach it?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Anders Welen
2013-08-12 12:41:54 UTC
Anders Welen [https://community.jboss.org/people/Welle] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832307#832307

That is really an old version of JBoss. A start can be to read the version 4 and 5 to 7: https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7 https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/WFLY8/How+do+I+migrate+my+application+from+AS5+or+AS6+to+AS7

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Van Diesel
2013-08-16 08:15:18 UTC
Van Diesel [https://community.jboss.org/people/vandiesel] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832848#832848

ok.Will do..

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Van Diesel
2013-08-20 19:06:24 UTC
Van Diesel [https://community.jboss.org/people/vandiesel] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833264#833264

HI Anders,

Please let me know why there is EAP 6.1.0 Final after Jboss AS 7.1.1. Which one I should consider. While trying to download EAP 6.1.0, it said it is for development purposes only. Please let me know the diff between both.

Thank you,
Diesel

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Anders Welen
2013-08-21 06:09:58 UTC
Anders Welen [https://community.jboss.org/people/Welle] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833299#833299

That question is better for Redhat to answer, but you can read about it at http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/faq http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/faq or just google on "JBoss EAP vs Community".

If you want to be "free" use the community version (recently renamed to Wildfly)

http://wildfly.org/download/ http://wildfly.org
http://wildfly.org/download/ http://wildfly.org/download/ (Not all versions are available here. You may have to build it yourself using the code from https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
jaikiran pai
2013-08-21 06:16:26 UTC
jaikiran pai [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833301#833301

Post by Anders Welen
http://wildfly.org/download/ http://wildfly.org/download/ (Not all versions are available here. You may have to build it yourself using the code from https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly)
I'm not sure I understood that part. All released versions of WildFly are available on that page.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Anders Welen
2013-08-21 06:20:56 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833303#833303

Post by jaikiran pai
Post by Anders Welen
http://wildfly.org/download/ http://wildfly.org/download/ (Not all versions are available here. You may have to build it yourself using the code from https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly)
I'm not sure I understood that part. All released versions of WildFly are available on that page.
True, I was actually thinking of version 7.2.0.Final (That is available in the tags at the Wildfly repository)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Van Diesel
2013-08-22 12:20:39 UTC
Van Diesel [https://community.jboss.org/people/vandiesel] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833537#833537

Hi JaiKiran Pai,

The  issue " https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4100 https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AS7-4100" which is assigned to you gives the solution to deploy EJB 2 entities into Jboss AS 7. In it, the following links are not working:

https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/integration/ejb/entity/cmp/simple/SimpleCMPUnitTestCase.java https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/blob/master/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/java/org/jboss/as/test/integration/ejb/entity/cmp/simple/SimpleCMPUnitTestCase.java
https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/tree/master/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/resources/ejb/entity/cmp/simple https://github.com/jbossas/jboss-as/tree/master/testsuite/integration/basic/src/test/resources/ejb/entity/cmp/simple

Could you please, point to the correct links.

Thank you,
Diesel

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
jaikiran pai
2013-08-22 13:22:10 UTC
jaikiran pai [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833549#833549

Diesel, I added a comment in that JIRA

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Anders Welen
2013-08-21 06:18:54 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833302#833302

Forgot to mention that the latest community version that is binary available from http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads http://www.jboss.org/jbossas/downloads is 7.1.1 but the latest community version is actually 7.2.0.Final. Source code available at: https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/tree/7.2.0.Final https://github.com/wildfly/wildfly/tree/7.2.0.Final

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
jaikiran pai
2013-08-21 06:15:41 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/833300#833300

The FAQ that Anders Welen pointed you to has the basic details and here's a thread where it's explained in more detail https://community.jboss.org/message/831244#831244#831244 https://community.jboss.org/message/831244#831244

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]
Wolf-Dieter Fink
2013-08-12 17:49:57 UTC
Wolf-Dieter Fink [https://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: Upgrade from jboss 3.x to Jboss AS 7"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/832374#832374

as Anders mentioned you should start rading that documentation. If you have specific questions you might ask here or start another thread with a specific subject

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2075]