[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-02-08 19:33:32 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796823#796823

Hi Juergen,

I haven't tried the latest build yet (need to get to some better network first ;) ) - is it the File > New server creation that fails for you or something beyond that ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Snjezana Peco
2013-02-08 23:10:00 UTC
Snjezana Peco [https://community.jboss.org/people/snjeza] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/796850#796850

Neither JBoss Tools 4.0.0.Final nor the current master recognizes JBoss AS 7.2.0.Alpha1.
We probably have to create a new server type for JBoss AS 7.2.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Denis Golovin
2013-02-12 00:15:12 UTC
Denis Golovin [https://community.jboss.org/people/dgolovin] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797154#797154

As a workaround I added soft link as:

cd jboss-as-7.2.0.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT/modules
ln system/layers/base/org/ org -s

then I was able to create server, start it, access management console and even deploy a simple application.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Rob Stryker
2013-02-12 06:18:04 UTC
Rob Stryker [https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797164#797164

Very little has actually changed except for the directory structure. The concern is more about layered products and how they might interfere or conflict with this. I'll be researching pretty hard on this.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Juergen Zimmermann
2013-02-13 15:41:28 UTC
Juergen Zimmermann [https://community.jboss.org/people/Juergen.Zimmermann] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797499#797499

On a Windows boy (without symlinks...) I just copied org\jboss\as\server\main from modules\system\layers\base to modules

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Sueleyman Vurucu
2013-03-11 15:04:36 UTC
Sueleyman Vurucu [https://community.jboss.org/people/suikast42] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801929#801929

Hi JÃŒgren,

is that a safe way to copy the modules in old olace /modules ??

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Juergen Zimmermann
2013-03-11 17:04:43 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801964#801964

Please see https://community.jboss.org/thread/221527 https://community.jboss.org/thread/221527

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Sueleyman Vurucu
2013-03-11 21:08:47 UTC
Sueleyman Vurucu [https://community.jboss.org/people/suikast42] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801990#801990

Hi Juergen,

we use only AS 7.x not EAP.  What is JBoss EAP 6.1 adapter ?? And where I can obtain it ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
xiang yingbing
2013-03-12 00:53:33 UTC
xiang yingbing [https://community.jboss.org/people/ybxiang.china] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802001#802001

Please refer to https://community.jboss.org/message/802000#802000#802000 https://community.jboss.org/message/802000#802000
**************************************************************************************************************
https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen Max Rydahl Andersen
Nightly builds supports the new server.

We will have alpha release out of JBoss Tools 4.1.0 soon with support for it.

JBoss Tools 4.0 and Developer Studio 6.0 will get an update soon to support it.

https://community.jboss.org/people/rob.stryker Rob Stryker
There will not be a JBoss 7.2 server adapter listed in the new server wizard. You will need to make use of the EAP 6.1 server adapter, and point it to your AS 7.2 installation.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
ebross
2013-03-11 18:50:53 UTC
ebross [https://community.jboss.org/people/ebross] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/801977#801977

Thanks Rob Stryker,  but even after applying your cure, in Eclipse (Juno), then attempting to add 'Server Runtime' libraries,  retuns no library. The only option I see right now -- aside from using the jbosstool nightly built--, is to find those runtime libraries to create a 'User libraries' and inport into my projects.

BTW all these name changes  e.g.,  6.1.0-Alpha being the new 7.2.0-Final is rather confusing.  It gives a new definition to  "Alpha"  and the 'Software product release life cycle'.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-03-12 14:17:25 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802136#802136

Try out https://community.jboss.org/community/tools/blog/2013/03/12/lets-go-to-kepler https://community.jboss.org/en/tools/blog/2013/03/12/lets-go-to-kepler

Benjamin, there are no official standalone binary release of JBoss AS 7.2, only JBoss Enterprise Application Platform 6.1 is based on it - thus we don't have AS 7.2 listed but only list EAP 6.1 there.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Sueleyman Vurucu
2013-03-14 10:00:14 UTC
Sueleyman Vurucu [https://community.jboss.org/people/suikast42] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802587#802587

Hi Max,

can I install the plugin in Juno or must I have kepler?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-03-14 12:58:15 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802666#802666

The server feature *might* be ok on juno but no guarantees.

Parts of JBoss Tools 4.1, especially the hibernate tools/JPT integration will not work on Juno.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Sueleyman Vurucu
2013-03-14 13:55:27 UTC
Sueleyman Vurucu [https://community.jboss.org/people/suikast42] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802679#802679

I tried before one hour to installl Jboss tools 4. on kepler. On Juno it defintly not works :D . But on kepler I had problems. After 46% of installation progress it breaks. :-/ .

Have I chanche to integrate 7.2.0.Final in Juno ?

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-03-14 15:07:46 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802700#802700

breaks how ?

there will be a Juno version soon.

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Sueleyman Vurucu
2013-03-14 15:32:40 UTC
Sueleyman Vurucu [https://community.jboss.org/people/suikast42] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802714#802714

So I try it again,

An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-4.1.0.Alpha1.core/plugins/org.jboss.tools.forge.runtime_1.2.0.Alpha1-v20130227-0639-B24.jar http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-4.1.0.Alpha1.core/plugins/org.jboss.tools.forge.runtime_1.2.0.Alpha1-v20130227-0639-B24.jar.
Read timed out
Problems downloading artifact: osgi.bundle,org.jboss.tools.hibernate3_6,3.7.0.Alpha1-v20130305-1922-B27.
MD5 hash is not as expected. Expected: a2abe5e7f0cd847ae5f8baea8528175f and found 0a3ebd757bffc1691e78326b63e823ad.
Unable to read repository at http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-4.1.0.Alpha1.core/plugins/org.jboss.tools.jsf.vpe.richfaces_3.5.0.Alpha1-v20130227-1801-B28.jar http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-4.1.0.Alpha1.core/plugins/org.jboss.tools.jsf.vpe.richfaces_3.5.0.Alpha1-v20130227-1801-B28.jar.
Read timed out

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Max Rydahl Andersen
2013-03-15 09:18:51 UTC
Max Rydahl Andersen [https://community.jboss.org/people/maxandersen] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802874#802874

My guess is your ISP somehow is dropping connections, but it could also be corrupt data on our upload. I'm running a full new install here again to verify the latter.

Meanwhile you can download the full updatesite zip from http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/dev/4_1.html http://www.jboss.org/tools/download/dev/4_1.html

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
henk de boer
2013-03-13 12:26:03 UTC
henk de boer [https://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/802341#802341

Post by ebross
BTW all these name changes  e.g.,  6.1.0-Alpha being the new 7.2.0-Final is rather confusing.  It gives a new definition to  "Alpha"  and the 'Software product release life cycle'.
According to some people, the different AS releases have always been Alphas, Betas or at most RCs for the EAP releases ;)

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Juergen Zimmermann
2013-02-11 13:47:49 UTC
Juergen Zimmermann [https://community.jboss.org/people/Juergen.Zimmermann] created the discussion

"Re: JBossAS 7.2: subdirectory "modules" has new structure"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797049#797049

Max, it's failing when I invoke:
Window > Preferences > Server > Runtime Environments > Add...

[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2128]
Juergen Zimmermann
2013-02-11 15:21:55 UTC

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/797080#797080